What's happening in KBZN ?

Hope everyone's doing good.

I recently switched from v4.5 to v5.1. So far no problems with any Orbx products until i wanted to fly into KBZN yesterday. 

The following problems have occured (see also screenshots):

- Some textures are kind of above the airport and cover the original textures (Especially over the runway). When i select winter, it's better visible and it looks like piles of snow over the runway and the terminal. At placed where the textures are "normal", the plane is above the "normal" Airport. Something seems pretty wrong. See the screenshots.

- Also when i select March (Yesterday's date), the coverage are + mountains which are made by Orbx are covered in snow and the surrounding is not. But for example the trees and houses around the airport are not textured like winter (not covered in snow or something)

- During multiple tests, i also had a GPU (RTX2070) crash (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET) but i haven't confirmed yet if that's related to the BZN scenery (just didn't happen before). VRAM was monitored and is fine.

I have Open LC NA installed

Following things have been checked for troubleshooting:

- KBZN Configuration tool reviewd

- Libraries and Objectflow installed (folders seem correct)

- Re-installed KBZN

- Checked scenery library

- Checked other Orbx airports, they are looking fine (LIEO, LWSK..)

Unfortunately, i don't have any more ideas, what the problem could be. I hope someone here can help (Maybe BZN is not fully compatible with with v5?)

Please tell me, if you need more infos or anything. Thank's in advance for your help!

Regards

Felix

2021-3-7_20-56-31-792.png

2021-3-7_21-29-33-804.png

2021-3-7_21-4-45-126.png

Hello Felix,

I am seeing none of this.

Have you perhaps added a navigation data update of some kind that might be adding a duplicate airport?

The absence of snow around the airport is because you are using it without its prerequisite product.

Here it is in P3D v5 as you are using it:

2021-3-8_12-57-10-525.jpg

Here it is on the same date with CRM installed:

2021-3-8_13-1-11-891.jpg 

Here is the summertime view:

2021-3-8_13-4-21-801.jpg

Hi Nick

Thank you very much for the response!

1. Regarding the snow, i'm glad it's not an error and it looks the way it's supposed to. I would have to have Central Rocky Mountains installed, correct ? It's a bit unlucky in my opinion that (even with Open LC NA), it's not possible to match the Ground conditions.

2. Not that i know of. How would such a mistaken Nav Data look like ? I just have the normal Navigraph subscription with Charts and FMS Data.

Regards

Felix

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it could have added a duplicate airport, can you check?

Hello

Sure i can. I just have no idea how i would do that. I have never heard of such a thing, that a NavData adds some kind of textures.

Di check the scenery library? Do i check some Navigraph file? Do i check something else?

Thanks very much for the help, i appreciate it.

Felix

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I don't use it, does it add anything to your scenery library?

Hi Nick

I observed nothing odd in the scenery library. However i discovered that in the KBZN product infos it says that it requires CRM. Has this always been like this because i have used BZN with Open LC NA (no US product more) without problem. Maybe that doesn't work in v5 anymore ? But you got normal runways also with CRM uninstalled, correct ?

Best regards 

Hello,

yes, KBZN has always been designed to work best with CRM and that information has always been there.

Using it without CRM should not, and indeed here it does not affect the airport itself.

I had hoped that my three screenshots illustrated that.

Hello

Well, i can live with the dicrepancy with snow or no snow but those strange textures make the airport unusuable. I don't know how any navdata could produce a duplicate airport. scenery library looks fine.

And in v4 it worked perfectly without CRM 

Regards

Archived