Jetways EGNT & EGNM

I seem to have a problem with how I should set up jetways to function. I had to re-install X-Plane to the latest versions using Windows. Then re-installed my Orbx products which is TE GB plus Newcastle (EGNT), Leeds Bradford (EGNM) and East Midlands (EGNX). I now find that the jetways will not connect at EGNT and EGNM even though I have taken care to park correctly, parking brake on and engines off. When approaching the jetway, the symbol for the active jetway does appear on the pc screen. Prior to re-installing everything the jetways did function.

I have installed SAM version 2.1.7 from Orbx Central and verified the files.  Looking at the download location for the SAM software, I notice that the SAM suite is currently version 1.4.3. Do I need to install the SAM suite through the .exe file so that it then resides on my PC in the program folder (not X-Plane)? If I do this, will there be a clash with the Orbx download being an earlier version?

I have attached the SAM log file, Scenery log and the X-Plane log and I would be grateful if someone can check if something is amiss.

X Plane Log.txt scenery_packs.ini SAM Log.txt

Regarding SAM. I would only have one version installed, ie the latest 2.1.7

Let it install into XP

What plane are you using, because the Zibo will not work with the jetways if that is what you are using.

Scroll down the link and see the comments.

https://forum.thresholdx.net/clubs/9-sam-scenery-animation-manager/

I also discovered this a while back in a post

I will do a test myself and report back.

Here is my test result. Using the default 737 parking at Gate 10 was fine.

I use SAM 2.1.7 which is in the Resources/Plugins folder and I always remove the SAM Library from the plugins folder and place it in the Custom Scenery folder, leaving all the rest of the SAM files in the Resources/Plugin/ folder.

XP version is just updated to 11.52r1

Note the parking/stop position of the plane:

Capture.thumb.JPG.b763dccb6c92e2ca8dc182f53202ad46.JPG

Thanks Jon for your prompt assistance. The aircraft I am using is the FJS 727.   I re-installed SAM as you suggest, went to gate 10 at Newcastle and positioned the aircraft exactly as in the picture and the jetway worked – brilliant. Tried the same at Leeds – Bradford and the jetways on gates 7 & 8 worked as well. Many thanks.

Can you confirm all my Orbx scenery in the Scenery_packs.ini file are in the correct order which are as automatically installed.

Finally, each gate at Leeds-Bradford airport has a marshaller but I don’t see this at Newcastle or East Midland airports.  Is this correct in that the latter two do not have this feature?

Archived