Scenery is moving whilst aircraft is stationary on the ground

reddaisy

Orbx order receipt 602a62265cb22

Hi Guys,

Now that Microsoft is no longer supporting Windows 7, I have bitten the bullet and have decided to load all of flightsim products into Windows 10 including Prepar3D v4.5.14.34698.

Now that P3Dv4.5 is in Windows 10 together with my Orbx England scenery, I have noticed that when I am looking at the outside view of the aircraft, the scenery and the aircraft are moving slightly in a circular motion while the aircraft is stationary on the ground. The scenery does not move when I am in the internal aircraft view. I have also tried it with TrueEarth GB South and get the same results. I just don't want to load all of my Orbx products in whilst I am still experiencing this problem.

Has anybody got any idea what might be causing this problem. It did not happen with P3D v4.5 when it was installed in Windows 7?

Kindest regards

Colin 

Hi Smudger,

I'm using a CH Eclipse Yoke for my controls e.g. Ailerons, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle etc., is that what you mean? In Windows 10 there are no Controls Settings, please see the attached file. The only option available in this menu is to remove device. The only other option is to calibrate the different axis settings for the CH Eclipse Yoke in their Control Manager which I have already tried and that made no difference to the scenery moving around.

Kindest regards

Colin

Windows 10 Controller Settings.jpg

Hello Colin

Start button - Control Panel - Devices and Printers - Right Click on the hardware - Game Controller Settings - Hardware is shown - click and highlight one of them - select Properties - You can now check that hardware is working satisfactorily, check the Deadzones on each axis are equal.

Hi Smudger,

I've resolved the problem.

I use ChasePlane for all my aircraft views. I was looking in their menus and stumbled across a menu for motion effects (breathing) which was set to a positive situation. I changed that to negative and this resolved my issue.

Thank you for your help.

Kindest regards

Colin

p.s. On another subject, I notice that you have FSX Gold installed in Windows 10, does it work okay and did you have to take any special actions to get it working?

Hi Colin

That is good news, well sorted :)

I have no problems with FSX other than the 4GB VAS limitation, it is good to return to it now and again for certain aircraft and scenery creation.

Nothing special to get it installed and working, are you having problems ?

Archived