Some autogen missing again

Hi folks,

some time ago I was suffering the loss of some autogen (mainly trees). I found out that another add-on (29 Palms Skiathos) was causing the issue. After some modifications all autogen was back. I realized this was no Orbx issue but resulted in the way P3D is handling several autogen folders.

Everything was fine for approximately half a year. I don't know exactly when, but some autogen (trees, bushes and houses) disappeared again. I can say for sure that it's not 29 Palms Skiathos causing the issue this time.

I am running P3Dv4.5. ACM ist installed.

I reinstalled Orbx Global Base, Vector and LC. I reinstalled Orbx Libraries, resynced my sim. Nothing helped to sort out the issue. 

Is there anything I can do? With P3Dv5 I don't see any issues. It's just about V4.

I attached two pictures showing the are around LIRN airport. You might notice the missing bushes, Trees and fuel depot.

Thanks

Philipp

IMG2.thumb.JPG.ee0e08b698e34522f49886f5d50c9d70.JPGIMG1.thumb.JPG.381323a5fb870de2a91b939befca9aa0.JPG

Hi Nick,

thanks for your answer.

I was able to locate and solve the problem which was caused by three add-ons in my case.

To answer your question. The LIRN version in the screenshot is Aerosoft Napoli X. But LIRN does not cause any trouble, I just used it make some screenshots from the autogen missing in the sourrinding area.

After weeks of forum and internet research, sometimes things are strange. After posting my support request I found another helpful entry in your forum which gave me leading clue:

I startet to deactivate every add-on in the "Add-Ons" section (not the scenery library). This was a lot in my case. It took me a whole day to find out the troublemaker(s) which are the following:

- 29 Palm Skiathos (again)

- Aerosoft/Tailstrike Design Reggio Calabria Pro.

- Aerosoft Mega Airport Ben Gurion

After deselecting those three sceneries all autogen was back! Theses sceneries all come with their own "autogen" folder which was added the xml-way. This still seems to make trouble in P3Dv4.5 (HF3). I don't see any issues in P3Dv5.

Then I removed the xml-entries and reactivated the three sceneries the cfg-way. After the next sim-start Autogen Configuration Merger (ACM) detected the custom autogen-folders and merged it to the existing. Now all my Orbx autogen is back and custom autogen of the three sceneries coexists perfectly.

Best

Philipp

Archived