Leeds Bradford Missing Scenery Files

MartynAdam

Hi Folks,

Just downloaded my first ever Orbx software for my XP11 yesterday, I downloaded Great Britain North, Edinburgh Airport , TerraFlora, and then finally LeedsBradford Airport, everything worked great but LeedsBradford just comes up as a grassy fields, it says that there are missing files and the scenery may not look correct, I deleted then re-downloaded, (no different) is there a fix for this please, also says look in txt file. I have been using XP10 for years but fell away a few years ago and just got back into XP cause of lockdown !! , so only just started using XP11. Thanks all for your help

I have enclosed the log, but could not really make head nor tale !

Log.txt

Why is the "TrueEarth Great Britain North" folder and the "Orbx Libraries" folder installed your "Custom Scenery" folder as well?

Do you not have all four "Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom"
                                         "Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay"
                                         "Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay"
                                         "Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos"

and the "Orbx_OrbxlibsXP" folders already installed in the "Custom Scenery" folder?

Remove the "TrueEarth Great Britain North" and  "Orbx Libraries" folders from your "Custom Scenery" folder and put them some where else.

You already have the following required folders  installed for TE GB North and Orbx libraries.

"Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom"
"Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay"
"Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay"
 "Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos"

"Orbx_OrbxlibsXP"

Remove the following from "Custom Scenery" folder and save somewhere else.

OpenSceneryX-Installer-Windows-2.7.0      ------------------    This is an installer, you already have "OpenSceneryX" installed.

Aerosoft - EGKKK London Heathrow StaticAirplanes_LondonHeathrow   -----------------  Don't what this is.

KJFK_v2 with 1000+ Animations for X-Plane 10  --------------   Don't know if this for XP 11.

Don't know if the following are scenery, or not.

airbus172_egpf
WAHH FD 31

Aircraft_A
Aircraft_B
Aircraft_C
Aircraft_F
Aircraft_G

Thinks will go through them all. Its just strange that Edinburgh Airport downloaded straight into my XPlane folder and opened up ok, but LeedsBradford using the same process is missing files. If I get to the bottom, I will leave comment here.

As I Say Many Thanks Again for all your help - Appreciated

Martyn 

Well to be honest I used to download all these files that got put up in XPlane.org that folk made up to pass the time all the fancy add ons but got nothing but grief from some of them.  There is a great guy that does YouTube videos on XPlane tips for setting up your Saitek stuff, and he warned that all these folks home made files could give you grief so I stopped downloading I think there was some residue you seen in my custom scenery, from my XP 10 days yes they were home bakes that would tare your hair out when it affected the operation of XPlane !

Anyway I deleted every Orbx file then redownloaded everything and noticed that there was still  160 files missing, so I did as you said and verified  and they were all restored. Now have LeedsBradford  working so at last yes...... (only wanted LeedsBradford  cause it’s the Jet2 base!)

Thanks very much for all your help you gave me some good pointers 

thanks and take care

Keep Safe

Martyn

Archived