LOWI: Display errors in the surrounding

Hi,

I hope someone could help me. I bought the scenery LOWI and  Orbx General installed it.

The result is not that what it should be. The airport is perfect. But when you look to the west or to the east it is not correct.

I am a beginner with XP11 so I have no idea what is going wrong.

My XPlane is Version 11.52 (64-bit Vulcan), I use the XP11-weather.

lowi_east.jpg

lowi_west.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

Welcome to the forums.

Looking at your scenery_packs.ini it appeared that your LOWI orthos file was being over ridden by other addons.

I have rearranged the layering of the Orbx LOWI files for you to test.

Also ensure that in XP/Settings/General you have the option of Runways follow terrain contours, enabled/ticked.

Replace your existing scenery_packs.ini with the one attached below. and report back.

scenery_packs.ini

Hi Jon, many thanks for your quick answer.

I used your scenery_packs.ini but the there was no changes in the result.

In the XP-Setting the option "Runways follow terrain contours" is enabled.

I saw two other things which I overlooked the first time. At first the trees south of the airport and second some houses of Innsbruck are flat.

For a better understanding I send you two pictures.

LOWI_houses.jpg

LOWI_south.jpg

Hallo Jon,

I have to ask you for apology. In the meantime I found that at all airports which are surrounding by mountains, there is this display error.

At airports in the flat country there are only thin blue lines near the horizon.

So that error in not an error in the Orbx LOWI scenery it must be an error in my XP configuration.

I’m sorry to waste your time.

Regards

Gerhard

No problem Gerd and many thanks for your decision to reply. By the way the horrible looking tree colours only appear at dawn & dusk. You can resolve the tree colour effect with X-Vision v2.0 and increasing the option in that addon of the PBR setting to 3.

Hallo Jon,

I found the reason for the display errors. I deleted the FlyWithLua Script “SettingsDefault”  and everything looks fine.

It works but didn’t know why. I don’t worry about this.

Regard

Gerhard

Archived