True Earth Florida: a few things

tedklemm

I'm not really sure if this is the correct forum, but anyway, here goes:

After installing TE-FL I noticed there were a few buildings missing, specifically at KGIF, where the north terminal building disappeared. I moved the Global Airport Pack above TE-FL and the building came back. But there are blurry, low resolution images of taxiways that are supposed to be there but not rendered as such in the ADE/AFCAD. It almost looks as if the aerial image was captured while the taxiways were under construction. I used the Help tool in FTX Central to sync the simulator and the other tools to verify the correct insertion order and corrected airport elevation, etc. after installing TE-FL. But I had to move the Global Airport Pack manually. My question is: Does it matter where the Global Airport Pack is as long as it is above TE-FL? Or am I doing something wrong?

The other thing is: I was extremely pleased and even surprised to see that someone actually created the unique FBO/Terminal building for Fernandina Beach Municipal (KFHB). I've been to that airport before and the terminal rendering is spot-on! A very difficult structure to duplicate, I would assume. Great work. The entire airport looks great... except.... taxiway "E" is missing. Is there any chance of getting that fixed in time for whatever updates might be coming? Or, is the scenery level placement causing the missing taxiways?

Liking TE-FL very much. It's my home state. No hits on the FPS. Runs smooth. Other than what's mentioned above, just seeing some blurry, low-res, 2D images at and around some airports instead of rendered scenery. Hoping it's something I can fix by adjusting the placement of the scenery packages.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

possibly because you have posted into the Orbx Direct support forum and you don't mention the simulator that you are using.

I will make an assumption that it is X Plane 11 and move it to that support forum for you.

I wouldn't be as stupid as to own X-plane. I posted in what I thought to be P3D V4 forum, but since you always insist on replying to your customers with cynical remarks, as if they're all they're idiots, let's just consider the case closed.

Thanks, anyway.

Hello,

you referred to the Global Airport Pack, which is a feature of X Plane 11 as well as an addon in FSX and P3D.

I regret that you found the answer to your question to be a cynical remark.

I also regret your adverse reaction to a genuine attempt to offer you product support.

Despite that I will offer it.

It is probable that you have a version of KGIF in both True Earth Florida and in the Orbx freeware Global airports pack.

They could be conflicting.

I would suggest that you try disabling the Orbx freeware Global airports pack version.

You can do this by searching the folder for KGIF and adding .off to the suffix of the three files that will be found. 

41 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I would suggest that you try disabling the Orbx freeware Global airports pack version.

You can do this by searching the folder for KGIF and adding .off to the suffix of the three files that will be found. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and report back later.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some screen shots taken with FL True Earth on and off. Also with KGIF on/off in FTX Global airports. It appears that this particular airport (and I'm sure there are others) looks better using only the Global Airport package. Obviously the two are not playing well together.

2021-3-21_19-58-13-972.jpg

2021-3-21_20-13-13-618.jpg

2021-3-21_20-14-11-842.jpg

2021-3-21_20-19-52-751.jpg

Hello,

the best solution seems to be to use the freeware pack version with TEFL.

You just need to disable the TEFL version by renaming these two files to this:

ADE_FTX_FL_KGIF.bgl.off

ADE_FTX_FL_KGIF_CVX.bgl.off

You will find them both in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_!FL_05_SCENERY\scenery

2021-3-22_11-49-46-573.jpg

OK, thanks. After doing that, the buildings returned. Is there a way to get the default ground textures to reappear? What would normally be rendered as grass, is still a blurry 2D image. Probably low-res satellite imagery.

2021-3-24_20-42-33-196.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived