Water Textures not loading

Wim Butte

I have made a new P3Dv5 installation on a brand new PC. 10900K CPU overclocked to 5,2Ghz on all 10 cores + 3090TI GPU. Only airport I have installed so far is Flytampa EHAM + Global Base Pack + True Earth Netherlands. I run 3x30Hz 4K projectors . No problem to retain 30 FPS and smooth flight around EHAM. Ground traffic is off. Airline traffic limited by FSUICP with 29 FPS. Only P3D config tweak is TextureMaxLoad=12. Most ground textures are sharp, albeit that at lower altitudes you can see them ' move in place '. That's why I made the TextureMaxload tweak and that has improved a little indeed. Whatever setting I try in P3D or otherwise, the problem remains that the correct water textures of lakes, rivers and sea do not load or only if you almost fly right above them. see the picture off canal in Amsterdam. On the right site of the bridge the correct color just came in ( darker color of water ). On the left side of the bridge you see the very light blue water color like it is in the Carribean. The North Sea and most of the lakes do not change at all to the darker color. They all remain light blue. I had not installed. I then installed Global openLC Europe and Vector ( with low settings ) to see if that would make a difference but probleem remains. My present prepar3D settings are exactly as advised in Global openLC Europe manual, except Autogen Density is low and road traffic is off. Please assist. Thanks! Wim

IMG_4847 1.JPG

IMG_4849 1.JPG

Hi Nick, thanks for your attention! I’m away now for 2 weeks. I will do that as soon as I get back. In the meantime can you please explain using ‘ V-Key ‘. I’m not familiar with that. 

By the way, when I slew up to a very high altitude, I do see the correct water textures.

A

Hell,

the V key is the default P3D v5 key for taking screen shots.

You can choose which format you prefer in P3D v5 settings,

.jpg is the preferred format.

If you press Shift and Z first, the exact coordinates will be

displayed at the top left of the image.

If you see a view that illustrates the problem well, press the V

key and an image will be saved in Pictures\Prepar3D v5 Files.

You can attach that image to your next post.

Ahh, thanks Nick. I will do that as soon as I get back from my trip. I have never made a screenshot before. I have a home cockpit with 3 projectors/views. So I’m curious how the screenshot will turn out. Perhaps I can crop the picture so you will see only what’s needed.

The coordinates will be in my top left corner and may be hard to read.  I can make a seperate picture of the INS coordinates on my overhead panel. However the problem is all over the Netherlands: all lakes, rivers, canals + visible part of North Sea while flying over the Netherlands. So it’s not just one spot or location. 

The water turns into the correct color textures only on the very last moment ( but not on all places )  when you’re practically almost on top of it. Like you can see on the right side of the bridge over the Amsterdam canal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nick, please find enclosed a number of screenshots as requested by you. Please note on the pics that you see mostly light blue water ( not the correct textures ). Some water textures are already partly dark blue ( the correct texture ) or completely dark blue when really close. Alle pics are taken above the Netherlands with Netherlands TE.

2021-3-2_16-51-59-68.jpg

2021-3-2_16-51-36-98.jpg

2021-3-2_16-51-10-510.jpg

2021-3-2_16-49-51-559.jpg

2021-3-2_16-48-52-126.jpg

2021-3-2_16-47-22-59.jpg

Hello,

it seems that the water colour changes dramatically depending on how far away it is

and on the settings chosen.

This is a feature of P3D v5 though and seems to happen everywhere.

Netherlands

2021-3-3_11-30-53-245.jpg

A random location in Alaska

2021-3-3_11-38-34-669.jpg

Archived