Orbx Arlanda Bridges Issue

Orbx ESSA bridges seems to be an issue in P3Dv5.1. When i taxing on the bridges i'm may end up slide off the taxiway or just glitch out of the vitural cockpit in few seconds and gain taxi speed.  My settings meeting the requirements acording to the manual of Orbx ESSA. 

Never experienced this in P3Dv4.

Reinstalled  the scenery and tried to move it to an library but nothing worked out. Also double checked inserts of scenery library and was aslo correct.

Hey,

We had someone else reporting a similar issue a while back. As for the bridges they seem to trigger some sort of P3D bug that we have been trying to work around for years, remember even in P3Dv3 there were bugs with the flattens that we managed to get around in the end. But for this, I don’t know. 

Think we have tried everything that is possible for those bridges now. I’ll talk to some colleuges and see if they know anything that can be done, or who knows, might even be that the P3D5.2 patch things will work again.

I'll talk to the co-dev as well that was doing works on the flattens, and the dev that did the ADE and see if they have any guesses.

We have initiated the work on a new version of ESSA, so no further updates will be made to the current one unless we would find a quick fix. Remember that the ground work of this version was made 5 years back or so.

Cheers,

Marcus

Well this went a bit different than i thought it would.

Seems like we already have a fix for it, Stefan who makes the ADE spotted what might cause the issue and have already made a fix.

Only seems to affect v5 though. I’ll add the files to this thread in a bit and you can check so it works for you first and then we can publish a patch for that.

Please open the configuration tool in Orbx Central for ESSA Stockholm-Arlanda, and enable Statics.

Then, go to your installation path for ESSA, which is either in the Orbx folder in your P3D folder, or in the library if you created one.

Something like this:

Orbx\p3dv5\ESSA Stockholm Arlanda Airport\Orbx\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_AA_ESSA\Scenery

Replace the 2 files in the scenery folder with the ones attached.

Let me know if that solved your issue.

Cheers,

Marcus

ESSA_ADEP4_SL_ORBX_P3D_Statics.bgl ESSA_ADEP4_SL_ORBX_P3D_NoStatics.off

Archived