Apply & Save issue !

Hello ,

Could someone pls tell me, why i cannot save my settings anymore !!
I have applied and saved my settings in the past without any problem !
Today i tried to change my settings and when i hit Apply & Save everything was Ok and they were saved ( As Always ) .

When i closed my msfs2020 and Restarted it after a couple of hours , i noticed that my settings were Not Saved and they were exactly the same settings i had yesterday !

I tried again and again but still unable to save them !
Any idea what happened  ?

Mike

Make sure your UserCfg.opt file is not read only. It will be in this sort of location (replace xxxxx with your user name) ...

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

9 hours ago, BradB said:

Welcome to the wild and wacky world of MSFS Mikee , happen's to me all the time for no rhyme or reason . I know my settings by heart ........:unsure::rolleyes::D

Ha ha , good to know that i am not the only one !! :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, AndyM01 said:

Make sure your UserCfg.opt file is not read only. It will be in this sort of location (replace xxxxx with your user name) ...

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Hello Andy and thanks for your help !

That was my issue ( my UserCfg.opt was Read Only ) !! I unticked the box and everything is Ok now :)

I changed it some days ago to Read Only because i change a couple of settings ( Sharpen from 1 to 0 and also Film grey from 1 to 0 ) For better Visuals on Clouds !! To get rid of Grainy Clouds ! Then i had to apply Read Only so when i start my msfs it will Not Override and set them back !! 

I prefer to Lose a bit on Visuals rather than Not be able to Save Any Settings !

Thanks again ,

Mike 

Archived