Medium Clouds preset in SoFly Weather Preset Pro is not working properly

I've tried this preset with several different aircraft with the same results. For example, the Cessna 172 is virtually unflyable and it's bigger brother the CJ4 wags it's tail like a dog when this preset is selected. I've noticed that the windsocks are all over the place and the wind direction (and speed) is equally erratic inside the cockpit.

I'm not complaining, I love your work, I just wanted you to know that something isn't quite right with this particular preset.

Thanks for your efforts!

14 hours ago, Steve5755 said:

I've tried this preset with several different aircraft with the same results. For example, the Cessna 172 is virtually unflyable and it's bigger brother the CJ4 wags it's tail like a dog when this preset is selected. I've noticed that the windsocks are all over the place and the wind direction (and speed) is equally erratic inside the cockpit.

I'm not complaining, I love your work, I just wanted you to know that something isn't quite right with this particular preset.

Thanks for your efforts!

Hi Steve5755,

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't seen this during testing, but we'll be sure to check. We are issuing a new update for Weather Preset Pro later this month and if we can see the issue, we'll resolve it.

In the mean time, you are able to open up the weather tab from the menu in the sim and adjust many of the values yourself to ensure your plane doesn't get battered by the winds.

Thanks again and we'll be sure to keep you updated when there's an update.

Thanks

On 2/1/2021 at 6:48 PM, Steve5755 said:

Thanks for your efforts!

Hi Steve,

Just working through our bug reports and realised that you've called it the "Medium Clouds" preset, which isn't one of ours. Could you mean "MId-Level Clouds". We're trying to recreate the issue, but no luck with that particular preset.

In other news, a new update is due to release next week (version 1.20), which we believe will fix a few other minor bugs with this.

Many thanks

Archived