Volanta

jsearl_98

I am trying to use the web based version of Volanta flight tracker.  However, I cannot get it to connect to my FSX (boxed version on WIN 7).  I have registered etc. opened Volanta, started FSX but no connection to FSX.  I have tried to download the App but when I open the volanta-1.0.0 exe file, it tells me I have no internet connection (which is obviously nonsense).  Will Volanta (web or App) run on WIN 7?  Any help please.

Regards

John Earl  

Hains,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.  I have since discovered that the web version will connect if I fly online with VATSIM.  It connects via my VATSIM account.

I also have a subscription to Navigraph, but it does not connect via this - which I should have thought it would.

Support from the Vendor is non-existent.  I have no response from them via this forum and I left a message on their Facebook page, also without reply.

Regards

John Earl

Hello John,

I have taken a look at Volanta and I see references to Navigraph and also that there is a community on

Discord that seems to be full of questions and answers, much like product support.

Perhaps you could go there and they will be able to help you understand how it works. 

It does, at first glance seem very straightforward.

Here, it tells you where to obtain support.

4.jpg

and here, it tells you what to do.

5.jpg

It appears to me that the web based and installed versions work in exactly the same way.

I have asked these questions on Discord but as yet no response.  

There doesn't seem to be a "User Manual" available.  Many of the questions I see on Discord refer to features I am struggling to even find on Volanta. 

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Regards

John Earl

Hains

When you try and run the Volanta 1.0.1 exe file, it tells you that you have no internet connection.  If you cancel you get a message to say that it cant download from https//app......./7s.   If you manually put this address into your browser it will download a zip file which you extract with a program called 7-Zip File Manager, which you can also download.  When extracted you will see the Volanta App.

It does work as advertised on WIN 7, 64bit with FSX.

Remains to be seen if all the effort to get this far has been worth it!

Regards

John Earl

I have the same issue. I am also Win7 and FSX Steam. Using the web version in firefox I can log in and see the map and have the message that says start sim to start tracking.

Nothing happens when I start the SIM. From what I read in above it sounds like I need to download the 1.0.1 exe file? I haven't seen any link to that, but I look again when I get home. Please correct me if I am not understanding. Thanks

Hains

Glad you got it working.

Haas

Go to https://volanta.app/ and download the App.  This will download the 1.0.1. exe file.

Run the exe file but it wont finish.  It will first tell you you have no internet connection.  If you cancel you get a message to say that it cant download from https//app......./7s.   If you manually put this address into your browser it will download a zip file which you extract with a program called 7-Zip File Manager, which you can also download.  When extracted you will see the Volanta App.

Good Luck.

Regards

John Earl

• 3 weeks later...

Archived