True Earth Canaries - White Sea Tile

Ramp2Air

I am having an issue with the Canaries scenery where some parts of the sea are white.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

System Specs

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

RAM: 16GB

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050TI

HDD: 2x SanDisk 1TB SSD (1x OS, 1x Dedicated to XP11)

143426254_1172458603211983_505874211514968345_n.jpg.825530c79df7b24a38626a8778db4deb.jpg143729486_1172457803212063_4994223656729246317_n.jpg.ad9fa9e3f0c9631efa7a84a0790d240e.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

I have adjusted the scenery_pack.ini but it will not make any change to what you are seeing as it was are-layering adjustment.

In order ro see if there is an installation/missing files issue with TE Canaries, I need you to try the following please.

Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK

Make a new Custom Scenery folder.

Drag and drop the 4 TE Canaries files into the new folder plus  GCLA, Global Airports and OrbxLibs.

Run XP and exit so that it creates a scenery_packs.ini.

Open the scenery_packs.ini and make sure that it is layered as top down:

GCLA

TE Canaries Airports

Global Airports

TE Canaries Custom

TE Canaries Overlay

TE Canaries Orthos

OrbxLibs

Looking at your PC specs you are on the limit for XP with detailed photoscenery.

Choose a default prop plane like the Cessna and make a flight at the location where you are seeing the white sea etc.

Having minimal scenery lus a low and slow plane should help find out if it is the GPU/CPU not being  unable to keep up or you have an issue with the addon missing some tiles.

Please attach your XP log when you have made a flight

Don't put the attached scenery_packs.ini into the new Custom Scenery folder.

scenery_packs.ini

I flew out towards KONBA which is in the direction I flew in on the day I noticed the white sea. You can see from the screenshot the planes position as I quit the sim.

On this occassion, there was no issues... no white sea and everything looked normal.

Flying a Cessna is really slow compared to the airliners... I could only stand about an hour or so

I have attached my log.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 083001.png

Log.txt

The Log looks fine. I notice that you still use  XP11.41 and not 11.50/51 which has Vulkan as an option and helps with FPS and higher settings. I think we can now discount any problem with the addon so it looks like it is down to your GPU/CPU specs being the limiting factor as I suspected. The only way to try and alleviate that would be to reduce the XP settings further. I would initially lower the reflections settings another slide to the left as Reflections is a heavy resource user.

As there is no fault with the addon, I cannot offer any further assistance I am afraid. 

Scenery and airport addons are becoming much more detailed and using things like PBR etc which are more demanding on one's resources. The only choice is upgrade your GPU/CPU or lower settings.

Have you tried a default airliner? It may help, but it really is down to the speed of the plane restricting the load time of the scenery below. It just cannot keep up, hence I asked you to try the prop plane which goes so much slower and allows your current hardware to keep up with demand.

Archived