Orbx Hanging on install

Stuartygr

Good Morning,

I have just recently moved to a new pc and i am now installing all my Orbx products. I am currently running X Plane 11.51r Vulkan on a Samsung 980 pro nVme with my Orbx scenery being stored on a separate driv. I have tried to install the scenery but for some strange reason it hangs on Finalizing and cleaning. Configuration for hours and i am talking like 5hrs for Orbx libraries and the same for my True Earth regions. I have installed this many times on my previous computer and never encountered this issue. Is there an issue in one of the configuration files that requires elevated writes?

Kind Regards

Stuart

ORBX.PNG

Hello,

there are two of these error messages:

2021-01-30T11:50:13.984Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - The Orbx Central worker process failed to start. Please check the user guide for troubleshooting advice at http://orbx.to/central-guide - closed with code 3762504530 - null

Could there be anti virus software at work?

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

there are two of these error messages:

Could there be anti virus software at work?

Hi Nick,

I have uninstalled Orbx Central and reinstalled it...Turned off my Anti virus and firewall and even added Orbx Central to my accepted list but i am still not getting to install my products. The only one that installed was the SAM the rest are causing issues that i dont understand

OK, Here's the update...

After many many hours of shouting at my computer i have established the following......

1. I am only able to install Orbx scenery & airports to my X Plane 11 drive only

2. I am able to download the scenery on Orbx central but hangs up when installing to a separate drive with the error "Orbx worker process failed to start Code:3762504530"

3. I have tried reinstalling Orbx Central whilst clearing the files in user\appdata\Local\Programs\Orbx Central

Is there a way that i can copy my current files that Orbx central has installed within my X plane 11 directory to another drive and create links to my SIM?

Very frustrating as normally this is straight forward

Stuart 

Good Morning Nick, thought i would let you know that I have finally resolved my issue since you have been helping me over the past days. Well I knew Orbx central is a useful platform for maintaining sceneries so delved in other areas. Low and behold I found that the recent win 10 was the culprit as some of the system files were corrupt therefore fresh win 10 was installed since this is a new setup anyway...and.....now I have all my Orbx products on separate drive to my sim...perfect.

Thanks for you help as I have been going round the bend as I couldn't understand why this was happening since I have used it a long time and never had issues before. 

Kind Regards

Stuart

Archived