Paris Landmarks up close and personal

John Dow

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, what are your settings to have smooth fps?

Me, I am uninstalling right now. Spent money for nothing.

My system is very high end and I have no issues anywhere in the game except over all Paris area which is unplayable with this landmark installed.

The solution is to downgrade my display settings but I decided to not do this for only one landmark.

Thanks.  

23 hours ago, PathTracer said:

Hi, what are your settings to have smooth fps?

Me, I am uninstalling right now. Spent money for nothing.

My system is very high end and I have no issues anywhere in the game except over all Paris area which is unplayable with this landmark installed.

The solution is to downgrade my display settings but I decided to not do this for only one landmark.

Thanks.  

Well as you see my system is very mid range.  I run a 4K monitor and can run the Render Scaling at 100 everywhere but the really complex scenery.  However in order to keep the sim smooth I need to reduce that setting to 80 where the scenery complexity demands it.  That's the Render Scaling that you see in the video, and it's actually between the 3840 x 2160 of 4K, and the next lower setting in the monitor list which I believe is 2560 x 1440.  It's almost as sharp on the screen as full 4K and is all I would expect with my CPU/GPU combination.

The developer spent a lot of time optimising the textures through the beta testing and has reached the point where only two options exist if higher fps is required:

1.  Reduce the number of hand crafted buildings, or

2.  Reduce the texture quality.

The developer is not willing to do that and once we had demonstrated that a small adjustment to the Render Scaling gave good performance, a suitable compromise was deemed to have been reached.

Archived