12 Apostles location in FTX AU

ba43

I wanted to get away from the PNW for a little while so I picked up my around Australia trip in a Piper Super Cub. I am currently at Adelaide and heading for Melbourne. I know that the 12 Apostles rock formations are near Melbourne. I don't want to miss them on my route planning.

I would be real surprised if they weren't in FTX. Believing that they will be, where are they at using FTX AU and OZx? Is there a nearby airport, airstrip and heading you might be able to share with me so I can check them out?

Thanks,

Brad 

12 apostles is an ozx addon done by tommy, there are 2 strips, well sort of, the 12 apostles heliport by me is directly to the right of the second apostle rock formation and apollo bay airport by tommy is about 20 miles west (I think, but its been a while, it could be east lol) the nearest airstrip to take off from to head that way is Aireys inlet which is about 30nm up the coast heading west from YMAV.  you can find all the locations of the strips by going to your ozx/user documents folder and finding the kml file in there and opening it up in google earth.  Happy flying, be sure to post some pics.

The 12 Apostles has a bug in it for OZx scenery... it's all black at the moment (until the OZx team release a patch). Just wanted to let you know so you don't get disappointed when you get there. Maybe plan a route around them and then come back to them once the patch comes out whever that may be.

The 12 Apostles has a bug in it for OZx scenery... it's all black at the moment (until the OZx team release a patch). Just wanted to let you know so you don't get disappointed when you get there. Maybe plan a route around them and then come back to them once the patch comes out whever that may be.

Is that the Apostles themselves or the heliport next to them that your talking about?

• 1 year later...

Archived