a new pc build for 2021

lilb93

Thinking of building a new setup with a Intel Core i9-10900K Comet Lake 3.7GHz Ten-Core LGA 1200 and the motherboard Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme Intel LGA 1200 eATX . 64G ram. I have two Titan X pascal in SLI. there older but should still work fine I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 8:37 PM, lilb93 said:

Thinking of building a new setup with a Intel Core i9-10900K Comet Lake 3.7GHz Ten-Core LGA 1200 and the motherboard Gigabyte Z490 AORUS Xtreme Intel LGA 1200 eATX . 64G ram. I have two Titan X pascal in SLI. there older but should still work fine I think. 

That system would work very well I should think? On 64GB DDR4 ram here for my new build too, not because its needed, but had seen DCS and some other apps get close to 32 GB ram usage in certain scenarios maxed out ... its not practical or possible to go from 32 GB to 33 GB :)  so went for 64GB fast DDR4 3600MHz ram with good timings to tide me over until DDR5 is well established, and although we might expect DDR5 release later this year, don't expect it to mature or be even remotely affordable or even available for a couple of years at least ... DDR4 is decently priced just now and widely available ... even during this global pandemic.

Consider too the new AMD Ryzen CPU's, was on the upgrade path tail end of last year and had been on Intel CPU platform for a decade or more easily, not a fan boy or anything ... I go where the performance takes me, delighted with my choice of an AMD Ryzen 9 5950 X, 16 core, 32 virtual and bursts to over 5GHz (5055 MHz that is quite normal apparently and AMD should advertise that more ) on some cores with no deliberate overclocking when needed ... no regrets whatsoever with this CPU, its eaten up everything FS and high end game wise I've thrown at it 4K wise on pretty much all maxed out sims and seems to say ... cant you do better? than that :)  If you want to stay with Intel, you will be fine, but at least consider the AMD move too I would suggest.

GPU wise, my last main GPU was an NV GTX Titan X Pascal 12 GB, just one though, they would still work fine indeed, for 4K I found my single Titan X Pascal was merely treading water though, bought an RTX 3090 24GB recently and all is fine for 4K, very pleased ... you're 2 X Titan X Pascals will keep you going for a while and depending on what CPU you had before, your Intel choidce too, but i would give the new AMD Ryzen 9 CPU's especially some serious consideration if I were you.

Good Luck.

Thanks, I am looking at the Ryzen 9-5950 but seem to be sold out everywhere. I see there not supporting SLI after jan 2022. I did just pick up a 3090 FD. Have to find a 5950 and a good motherboard and that should set me up for 3 to 5 years. And I just ordered a Motion sim from DOF reality should be here in a month. 

49 minutes ago, lilb93 said:

Thanks, I am looking at the Ryzen 9-5950 but seem to be sold out everywhere. I see there not supporting SLI after jan 2022. I did just pick up a 3090 FD. Have to find a 5950 and a good motherboard and that should set me up for 3 to 5 years. And I just ordered a Motion sim from DOF reality should be here in a month. 

Motion sim ... WOW ... awesome, please let us know your experience my friend, was once half thinking about a semi motion platform base here that tilts just a little to give the sense of of motion, lots of choices out there, electric motor powered ones or electric/hydraulic ones as well, all expensive and high maintenance stuff I imagine, not to mention the ... still uber expensive home  HEAVY cockpit that usually uses that kinda stuff? though, hope it goes well and hope the PC hardware upgrade goes well too.

I do Buttkicker Gamer 2 here to my seat, its awesomely effective, tried the MK1 version, good, but the BK v2 is more advanced and refined, also have been seriously considering a product on the market called  Realteus ForceFeel This product has been on the market for a long time and been constantly improved, its a one man cottage industry product ... however, they now support FS2020 and lots more ... its more or less built to order and in batches, you can lay down your money (pre adorable and refundable) ... and you know what ... I think I will, 85 Euro's, he's 75% there on latest pledge and more now for commitment.

This is the product I'm talking about.

https://www.realteus.com/products/forcefeel?variant=15384297766991

Archived