Orbx issue with XP-11

Maddox

I spent two days now trying to figure this out the staff here is wonderful, however.... I am not understanding one minute my XP-11 is working then the next minute after loading in a plane to load into an airport for example KSEA for TE Washington... There's a crash... Load in to KSFO for NoCal TE there's a crash, and LAX for Socal TE there's another crash..... I'm confused and at a lost. I've spent over 100$ and I can't enjoy these amazing products, can someone please help I will attach my XP-11 log; the Central is not throwing any issues it says it all installed correctly, but then I scan files, and there's an error saying files couldn't scan and that there's an error with installation; and I'll show my scenery.ini order... I wonder if my issue is my external HDDs? but that wouldn't make sense because I had no issues with Ortho or any other games/sceneries that's on my external.... 

Log.txt central.rar scenery_packs.ini

Sorry about your continued problems.

I looked at the scenery_packs.ini you just attached and it is not the one I sent you which I had rearranged correctly in this post:

Are you manually editing the scenery_packs or using an organiser. Please replace the existing scenery_packs with the one I sent you as a start to the next phase of finding why you are having issues, when you said all was working well about 20 hours ago according to the posts you made in the link.

The Log file however shows evidence that the process was loading files in a similar sequences to the scenery_packs i gave you. I don't understand the variance that is evident in the Log file or scenery_packs you have attached.

Anyway this is what I need you to do to determine if there is a problem with the Orbx addons or possibly with your XP.

1.Rename your Custom Scenery folder to Custom Scenery.BAK

2.Make a new folder and name it Custom Scenery.

3. Open your .BAK folder and make shortcuts (right click on mouse and choose "shortcut") for the TE NoCal files of Custom/overlay/orthos

4. Also make a shortcut for  Global Airports.

5. Place all the shortcuts into the new Custom Scenery folder.

6. Run XP and exit without choosing a flight.

7. Open your scenery_packs file and arrange it if necessary as follows from top down

Global Airports

TE NoCal Custom

TE NoCalOverlay

TE NoCal Orthos.

Choose a flight at KSFO and report if there  is a crash.

@Jon Clarke Hi,

I have done this and this is the scenery_packs.ini content 

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery.BAK\Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery.BAK\Orbx_A_US_NoCal_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery.BAK\Orbx_B_US_NoCal_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery.BAK\Orbx_C_US_NoCal_TE_Orthos/

And I loaded into KSFO with no crash, but it doesn't look like Orbx NoCAL HD

Ok. Forget the short cuts. Delete the shortcuts

Now drag and drop the same folders into Custom Scenery so that you have the actual downloaded files in there rather than short cuts.

So drag and drop the 3 TE NoCal and Global Airports into Custom Scenery and make sure the layering is as I suggested in my last post.

Choose a KSFO flight and report back.

@Jon ClarkeSo, I went back to our original post, ran the Orbx Central on all products, and Washington came back with an error, ran the "verify files" over and over on Washington, NoCal, and SoCal, and the library and went back and posted the original INI that you provided, and I attached it. That's the sort order that works for me. Everything appears to be working, I noticed It breaks only when trying to install through Orbx central then I have to go back and verify files.... Which it's probably going to to that when I purchase Florida

scenery_packs.ini

Just  another update, tried to remove the SFO V2 scenery I had since the Log.txt was showing an issue on the first one I sent, and no luck...issue again it crashed flying near SFO; and idk what's the issue.... There's nothing in the log.txt the new one is attached, maybe you can compare and see what the issue is... I am just going to try to fly tomorrow from LAX-SFO again for the third time, and see if it crashes.... I'll run a verify integrity on XP-11 and rerun all my verify files through Orbx Central again... This is frustrating 

Log.txt

It doesn't appear as though you did  what I asked, that is drag and drop NoCal into a new Custom Scenery folder along with Global Airports. You say you went and reverified al the TE addons and tried a flight.

It is really important that you try what I ask as we are trying to determine what the cause is of your issue. I am particularly concentrating on finding out if there is an error in a TE addon as that is the remit of my support efforts. You are also running  xPilot. Can you disable that plugin somehow?

Crashes can be caused by conflicts of addons as you know and trying to find which one is causing an issue is extremely difficult and time consuming

There are no indications that there is a problem with the TE addons as far as I can see. It could well be associated with xPilot ATC so we need to try and Isolate that in the tests.

You are saying that all is well until you get a crash and your initial post mentioned an installation error report.

Do you meet ALL the requirements for a successful installation of True Earth addons as stated in this linked topic? Pay particular attention to the Free Space requirements on both the drive that has your Temp folder and the drive you want to install onto. Also the basic prerequisites needed to run Orbx Central.

My only option to offer is to ask if you have space on the same drive to make a 2nd install of XP. It would only take up a small amount of space. The idea being it would be a clean install without all the plugins etc. We would then drag and drop for example TE Washington, or SoCal or NorCal and try a flight in a default plane. Nothing like any other addons in the Custom Scenery folder or XP root directory to cause any conflicts.

The reason I didn't do the other step is because my sim is loading with all my products, and the Orbx central isn't nor is the log showing issues with the Orbx scenery that is a major concern.... I removed the scenery from SFO, and I was waiting for you to respond so that I can explain that the dev of xPilot said that it could be that. So what I'm going to do is remove xPilot try it again, and if it crashes I will follow your steps, I'm trying to get the quickest solution and the other solution copying all my files over to a new folder is going to take a very long time to copy 223GB of files from a external HDD to a internal HDD. I will report back if it crashes while xPilot is disabled.

@Jon Clarke No luck same spot it crashed LAX-SEA exactly 565nmiles from Seattle 3rd time. For space, I do have enough to put X-Plane 11 again with a clean installation for trouble shooting purposes, however... I have it through Steam so I don't know how that will work. I'm going to follow your steps now for the copying the NoCal folders in Customer Scenery and putting the .BAK on original folder

Log.txt

1 hour ago, Maddox said:

So it's definitely NoCal causing the crash I removed my Orbx scenery completely out of the new scenery folder with just the global airports loaded in the INI... and the sim doesn't crash I get passed the point where my sim crashes... What do you suggest? because when I verify files in Orbx Central it says everything is verified and doesn't come back with an error 

@Jon Clarke Another update sir,

I had a friend do the exact same route I was crashing on with the same exact scenery and he didn't crash... So I'm leaning towards its my XP-11 so what I'm going to do... is move XP-11 on to my main SSD with a fresh install without any addons except TE products and maybe better pushback for pushback purposes and Active Sky the obvious plugins that are not the problem. And report back with if the flight crashes or not.  I think I'm at the bottom of the issue; Also do you see my external HDD being an issue with the error with Orbx Central in my original post about the installation issue saying it's files that are missing and can't extract? 

Ok I agree that the idea of a new XP install on your SSD is a good one. I am sorry that there are issues so before we rush into the new installation process have a few questions for you.

Do you fly tubeliners mainly or if low and slow is it above 1500-2000ft? I ask because if you do then it may well be worth considering the SD version which I use. The advantage is that it is a smaller download, no "conversion" required, loads quicker, takes up less disk space.  I tend to fly around 2000-5000ft and honestly I see no discerning difference in the quality or resolution of the ground textures at those heights or beyond. Something to consider.

You say you have uninstalled all the Orbx TE addons, so we can start totally fresh. Open Orbx Central and Clear the Temp folder.

Open up the Backups location and delete the Backup of TE NoCal if not all of the TE backups. how to do those actions are in the pic attached.

Install a new copy of XP onto your SSD.

Tell me now how much free space you have on your SSD

1.thumb.JPG.116e20dbd8762340979e7119a44ab8d8.JPG

So My SSD is only 512GB with Windows on it as well. I am able to install XP-11 as well as maybe NorCal and SoCal SD on it directly to the sim, however I fly Airliners only, so I'm always above FL180 (18,000ft) I have a 4TB external WD-Black that I use for all my Orbx, and when I used Ortho scenery files I just install out of the sim it makes things easier.  And I have removed Orbx central completed deleted all my folders, and re-created them, and right now SoCal is installing and after that I will clear the temp folder and install NorCal

Is that 512GB of free space or total capacity of the SSD?

NoCal SD is about 54GB installed. 43GB download size

SoCal SD is about 50GB installed. 50GB download size

So you are temporarily looking for at least 200Gb free space for download and installation. You retrieve 100GB of space back again after the installation. The downloads need to be extracted from the Temp folder which almost doubles the size and then installation takes place. Remember if you still have the Backup copy option enabled, it will make backups of the download and unless you have moved the Backup file location, it will reside on your C drive, which is your SSD and therefore take up space on that drive.

Jon,

Hello update here! Everything is working. I have resolved this issue, I just gave up installing Orbx on my external HDD with HD, and SD wouldn't install either, so I just bought a new SSD since my mobo has multiple m.2 slots available, and now all is working fine. This issue can be marked as resolved, and I really appreciate all of Orbx staff for helping me through these last few frustrating days of non stop crashing and errors. 

Attached is my ini please review and let me know if I need to change anything :)

scenery_packs.ini

• 1 month later...

Archived