Copying True Earth regions as back up?

rlaycock

Hi all

I have all the True Earth North America regions installed for P3D V5.1.  However I have actual find the other land class North America regions (Not true Earth) fine, so I disabled true earth regions, and use the normal regions.  I now need the disk space on my SSD.

As we can no longer download the installer, and to save time and bandwidth if I wish to reinstall the true earth regions at a later date:

1/  Can I simply copy the files to a external drive then copy them back at a later time?

2/ If so will Orbx Central be clever enough to find them and update etc if at some stage I decide to copy back.

3/ How do I encourage Orbx Central to locate the regions when copied back

4/ I have all my Orbx products installed into a library outside of P3DV5

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes

Bob

I do this regularly. I just copy the whole folder including the scenery and texture files somewhere as they contain 99.9% of the data. I also note the installation path. When the time comes to reinstall I just copy the folder into the install location. Then, in Orbx Central I click install. The installer should see the fact that most of the files are there and will just install newer and missing files. Sometimes it shows the scenery aas installed, and if so, a Verify Files and a Sync Simulator is all that is needed to get the scenery working. 

These days with SSDs so cheap I just add capacity, my latest SSD is 2TB and a year later is only half full. 

Archived