trueEarth So Cal won't download.

abcdef

There is nothing to fix with the addon as the issue needs to be investigated as to what is causing your problem.

Normally if a download is "queued" message is displayed it means something else is currently downloading.

initially therefore, please advise if you are only attempting to download TE SoCal, and also which version, the HD or SD version?

Clear your Temp folder as shown in the attached pic

Shut down Orbx Central and reboot your PC.

Try another install of TE SoCal and report back. Bear in mind that if it is the HD version then it will take quite a while as it is a 55GB download and then a 168GB installation. It will also depend on your internet connection speed.

However, first we need to discover why it is "queued" and not at least preparing to install.

339748887_ClearTempfolder.thumb.JPG.dbf66d875cdf260ded9754874f641253.JPG

Thanks for responding. I purchased the SD version.  My E drive is setup just as you indicated.  It has 230 GB free.

Downloading is still in Queue for passed 20 mins. My internet speed tested at 20 MBits per sec download, 11 MBits upload.

If successful, I'll but TE North Cal. 

@abcdef Please confirm the other aspects of advice wee done like clearing the Temp folder and rebooted PC again?

Also check to see if you have the Automatic updates enabled. If so then disable that, shut Orbx Central down, Reboot PC and start again. The in queue means as i said, it indicates something else is also downloading. There are several updates for airport addons today. If you have a slower internet connection then maybe they are taking a while to download.

Here is where you check, regarding the Auto Update option.;

Capture.thumb.JPG.bc63f4449523f2148f1889b953bd8ed3.JPG

@Nick Cooper Hi Nick. Any other ideas about the constant "In Queue" problem?

Ref: Resolved. "TE SoCal wont download,'Queued'.  5fe1170629459"

Hi. 

Looks like I fixed it.  Inexplicably, the Orbx Central router apparatus would not handshake and synchronize with my 4g router and displayed an endless "Queued" status.

Fortunately, I accidently connected to Orbx via my 3g router; and I unexpectedly noticed "Installing" was under way.  After verifying  I paused download and re-enabled the 4g router; and upon resuming, the Orbx Central process soon recognised the 4g and continued the process from where the 3g was paused.   

It seems my process for downloading and installing Orbx products will have to involve the steps above.

I flight tested my So Calif SD package over the Los Angeles area, and it is very nice.  I also decided to purchase the Northern Califoria SD package as, and its working very well,

So, you can switch topic status to "resolved".  Cheers.  

Archived