AYPY Jackson's Intl and AYEO Emo Mission object problem

robmw

I've been flying the PNG bush strips again in P3D 4.5 using the Milviz Porter. I think I've found a problem with the way the AYEO Emo Mission scenery is installed if you are using both of these sceneries (AYPY is stated as a requirement for Emo in any case).

Basically one of the object BGLs is duplicated resulting in no textures showing. I first noticed this on landing at one of the Kokoda Trail strips and all the local buildings were displaying black without textures. After a bit of searching (and comparing with my old P3D v3 install) I realised that Orbx_PNG_LIB_huts.BGL is present in both sceneries. Disabling the Emo Mission scenery temporarily fixes the problem.

In P3D v3 the Emo files are present in the AYPY scenery folders i.e. no separate scenery install, but in v4 there are separate in XML add-on definitions for both.

My workaround is simply to remove the Emo scenery package and incorporate the scenery files in the AYPY package which seems to work fine as there are no other package items apart from the scenery folder. 

I just wanted to report what I'd found so someone could take a look. :)

(Edit: The only two files shared by these sceneries are Orbx_PNG_LIB_huts.BGL and Orbx_PNG_PLC_effects.bgl so these could be removed from AYEO to avoid duplication assuming that AYPY is installed which is a requirement anyway. I've tested this visually and it looks fine but there may be implications I'm unaware of.)

Hi Rob,

My Christmas gift is I took a look at AYEO Emo area and it looks OK to me, see attached. 

Can you supply the coordinates and I'll be glad to take another look after Christmas.

BTW I verified AYEO EMO and AYPY and unchecked "Users with FTX Vector should untick this" option.

Regards and Merry Christmas!1100728466_AYEOEMO.thumb.PNG.c9d9d61d718ff1639c92de3ceac620f7.PNG

It's all working fine for me now, but thanks for the offer anyway. If things look ok to you at Emo (as they appear to do) then you probably don't have the problem to start with.

I noticed it myself at the unlisted Kokoda Trail strips that are part of the AYPY scenery. It would have been fine if I didn't also have Emo installed. The problem seems to be that if you have both of these sceneries installed in P3Dv4 using the Orbx Add-on.xml definitions, it's possible that one of the object BGLs that displays huts and other objects at the strips ends up effectively being listed twice in the scenery library which can cause the non-display of textures as I understand things. This is certainly what happened to me and which I was able to fix.

You need to be comfortable with finding your way around the Add-on.xml definitions to check this out so I was hoping that someone from Orbx might take a quick look to verify what I think I found but I guess this scenery isn't much used now. It will be some time before I get onboard with MSFS2020 so for now I'm still enjoying the P3D scenery.

Rob

Archived