Global Base Pack... a quick question before purchase regarding c drive storage

KarlT

I would love to purchase the Global Base Pack. I already have several of your products, but my C drive storage is almost full, only 13GB left. But my D drive has over 892 GB. If I were to purchase the Global Base Pack can I install it in the D Drive without any effect on my C drive? Also, will there be any frame hits (reduction in performance)? I have P3D V4.5. Thanks! 

Hello,

yes, you can install your product on your D drive with minimal impact on your C drive.

Just create a Library on the D drive and make sure, in the Downloader settings, that the

Orbx temporary files are not placed on the C drive and if you make a backup that is not

on the C drive either.

The files for that will load at the speed of your D drive.

There will be no impact on the performance of P3D v4.

• 5 months later...

Ok...Today is May 20, 2021. I finally purchased the Global Base pack after all this time, and I'm pleased to say that I love it!! I now added a few of the freeware airports to go along with it!! It has changed my P3D 4.5 into a new world! But, I have a question...I purchased HD Buildings before installing Global Base Pack, but now there is a difference. I noticed, after installation, that there are no McDonalds, no service stations, no custom buildings I can see in any areas. Is there something I'm missing? I looked everywhere but only see high Def buildings but no custom scenery. It's installed in the "D" drive by the way.

Thanks!