REX Weather Force 2020 issue...

Hi, so I just bought the product and tried to inject Live weather in the sim.. Something doesn't seem right.. The barometrics are not updating (still at 1013, 29.92), Temperature not updating.. And weather in general not updating.

I tried to go to ESGG where the METAR was ESGG 162120Z 17009KT 3900 BR BKN004 05/04 Q1018 R21/29//95 but it was partly cloudy, Temp at 14C and 1013 on the QNH... I got a virus warning the first time but re-installed and put the program on my excempt list..? What do i do..?

Any suggestions? :/

4 hours ago, Araxxos said:

Hi, so I just bought the product and tried to inject Live weather in the sim.. Something doesn't seem right.. The barometrics are not updating (still at 1013, 29.92), Temperature not updating.. And weather in general not updating.

I tried to go to ESGG where the METAR was ESGG 162120Z 17009KT 3900 BR BKN004 05/04 Q1018 R21/29//95 but it was partly cloudy, Temp at 14C and 1013 on the QNH... I got a virus warning the first time but re-installed and put the program on my excempt list..? What do i do..?

Any suggestions? :/

Hi Araxxos

Make sure it has access through the windows firewall. If it doesn't i believe that it will be unable to access the Rex servers for the required meteorological data.

Cheers

Renault 

I have REX but from their website so I can only assume it works the same way as the version from Orbx. The only tips I can give are to always run REX as administrator, before starting the actual weather injection system you should start your flight, when the flight has loaded select clear skies from the weather option in MSFS. Then pop back to REX and start the weather injection. It may take a few seconds to inject the weather so give it a little time. Now there is another thing with REX, if you have the option to have the weather transition over time you'll see a pretty big dip in fps as the transition takes place. The only fix at the moment for that is to have the weather change instantly which is less realistic but at least you won't see the fps dipping to single figures.

REX.jpg

Archived