Orbx Central no longer working

HarryZ

In July of this year, in anticipation of moving in September, I had to dismantle my full sized 737 cockpit and am now in the process of rebuilding it in my new home.  At first I started up my flight sim computer to ensure that P3D 4.5 was working OK...which it was. I started up Orbx Central as well and updated my several purchased products, one of which was Central.(4.1.2.3)  The problems started when I tried to purchase CYVR.  Central would not allow me purchase the product, possibly because my credit card had expired. I tried to update the card in Central but it would not allow me to do so.
I then purchased CYVR directly from FSIM and the orbxsystems.com charged my card on Nov 12.  But when I started Central back up and tried to download and install CYVR, it would not allow that.  In the My Products section it showed CYVR as "Owned" but no green check in the circle.  I've corresponded with Reed who had me try some options, including removing and reinstalling Central but at the moment I still cannot download CYVR nor can I purchase anything from Orbx. It appears that Central is totally locked.

Can you please advise what may have happened here and solve this issue. I have purchased several products from Orbx in the past and at the moment it is no longer possible.

Thank you.

Harry Zanin
London, Canada

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I can't even attempt to install CYVR because Central does not give me an option to do so. I don't get a "Buy" or "Download" button to click on. In fact, I can't purchase ANY files from Orbx because of my issue.  With the older version of Central I updated 4 products but once Central got updated it became totally locked other than to view products.  I've asked Richard from Orbx to try and get me the older version so I can install it and see if it fixes the issue.

Harry

• 1 month later...

Having given up trying to download and install CYVR, I had to obtain a refund from Orbx and purchase the program directly from FSIM Studios and install it outside of Central.

Very recently I decided to access Orbx from my personal desktop computer.  Low and behold I was able to purchase True Earth Southern California.  Accessing Central from my sim computer showed that I owned the product but still the same issue of not being able to download and install it.  I went back to my personal computer and was able to download the program but now came the challenge of installing it.  The Downloader gives the option of what folders to temporarily load the install and back up files. I chose folders in my sim computer via the network.  But installing everything poses another obstacle.  Central needs to access your scenery.cfg file and there is no option to network the folder where this file sits.  I created the same folder path where the scenery.cfg file would be located on the sim computer and copied over the file into this folder on my personal computer.  But when I try to run the install option, I get a message "An error occurred the scenery.cfg file is either corrupt or missing." 

Does anyone know why this message comes up and better still, is there a way of fixing the issue trying to do a network pathed install?   Many thanks.

Harry

Hello Harry,

I don't have a network such as yours but I have often created dummy P3D

installations for support purposes.

You would need to look at your Orbx Central log and see where Orbx Central

is looking for your scenery.cfg file and put one there.

Once you get past that, you might see the same for the terrain.cfg file,

with the same solution.

Select P3D v4 and then open your log and delete all the contents.

Then save the log and run Sync Simulator.

Open the log again and you will find a line such as this:

2021-01-27T21:37:19.827Z [INFO] [Saturn] - [INFO] Using C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg for scenery configuration.

although yours will probably say that it looked and did not find one.

Hi Nick,

Here is part of the central log:

2021-01-28T16:38:08.691Z [INFO] [Main] - Orbx Central - 4.1.28
2021-01-28T16:38:08.692Z [INFO] [Main] - Windows_NT 10.0.19042
2021-01-28T16:38:08.692Z [DEBUG] [Main] - env APPDATA: C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Roaming
2021-01-28T16:38:08.693Z [DEBUG] [Main] - env PROGRAMDATA: C:\ProgramData
2021-01-28T16:38:08.693Z [DEBUG] [Main] - env LOCALAPPDATA: C:\Users\Harry\AppData\Local
2021-01-28T16:38:08.777Z [INFO] [Main] - Booting splashscreen.
2021-01-28T16:38:42.125Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Beginning installation of TrueEarth Southern California
{"fullDownloadPath":null,"fullScan":false,"passive":false,"globalBaseInstalled":true,"destination":{"destination":{"base":"esp","name":"Prepar3D v4","abbreviation":"p3dv4","abbreviationDownload":"p3dv3","executable":"prepar3d.exe","rootPath":"\\\\Fltsim1\\e\\P3D","configuration":{"addonConfigPaths":[],"dllXmlPath":null,"exeXmlPath":null,"mainConfigPath":null,"sceneryConfigPath":"C:\\ProgramData\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4\\scenery.cfg","terrainConfigPath":null},"version":""},"path":"\\\\Fltsim1\\e\\P3D","type":0}}
[]
2021-01-28T16:38:46.670Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Installing to \\Fltsim1\e\P3D
2021-01-28T16:38:47.017Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - Forbidden

As you can see once Central starts to install to my P3D via a network path, the response is "Forbidden"   Obviously does not like something.  What files besides the scenery.cfg file which I have placed there would be needed?   Thanks.

Harry

Hello Harry,

it is at this point that we need the advice of those who made Orbx Central.

To my untrained eye and looking at your log, it looks as if it is set to allow

installation only onto the PC that it can identify and not a network connection

to somewhere else.

Hi Nick,

Looks like that is the problem.  And I can't use my fltsim computer to either purchase, download or install any of Orbx's programs.  That computer's Central won't work and nobody can figure out why not.  Like I said earlier,  all that happened when I updated Central a couple of months ago.  Looks like another refund and no ability to purchase anything from Orbx.<_<  Thanks for trying.

Harry

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @HarryZ

On 12/4/2020 at 3:04 PM, HarryZ said:

With the older version of Central I updated 4 products but once Central got updated it became totally locked other than to view products

Can you clarify what you mean by locked? Does the product appear correctly in the list under My Products and if so what do you see when you click on this product? Can you provide a screenshot of this?

On 1/29/2021 at 6:27 AM, HarryZ said:

As you can see once Central starts to install to my P3D via a network path, the response is "Forbidden

Installing to a network location will work, but only if the network path is mapped to a drive letter and your user account has read/write permissions to access the location.

On 1/28/2021 at 8:07 AM, HarryZ said:

Central needs to access your scenery.cfg file and there is no option to network the folder where this file sits.  I created the same folder path where the scenery.cfg file would be located on the sim computer and copied over the file into this folder on my personal computer.  But when I try to run the install option, I get a message "An error occurred the scenery.cfg file is either corrupt or missing." 

Orbx Central needs to perform the installation on the same PC that has the simulator installed in order to correctly adjust the scenery config for that simulator.

If you install the product to an Orbx Library then map the library to a network drive, you can add this library from another PC on the network. Performing a sync simulator will from the PC will detect the installed products on the networked library drive and register them with the sim.

If possible can you attach you full central.log file so we can investigate any issues further?

Looking at "My Products" section, I see that True Earth So Cal is listed but only with a blank circle to the right as opposed to a green check in that circle if the program had been downloaded and installed successfully.  If I move the cursor over the circle it shows "Owned" so Central knows that I have paid for it.

But there is no option for me to either download and/or install the product.   If I run the cursor over the "Options" tab (which should then offer me to download and/or install, nothing happens.  The cursor should change from the mouse pointer to a small hand indicator  that if I click on that text,  the next step would be visible  But it is not and no matter what I do Central will not go beyond this point and offer anything.

When I accessed my account from my personal desktop computer, I was able to get a download option and then an install option. But whether I try to install to my P3D folder on the fltsim computer (using a mapped drive) or to a Library,  I continually get an "Error and Forbidden" response.  So the mapped drive option does not work either.

The frustrating part is prior to updating Central to 4.13,  everything worked flawlessly. So there was something in that update that made Central unusable on my flt sim computer.   If I could get an earlier version of Central and try that,  I may be able to solve the issue. But as it stands now, I can neither purchase or download any Orbx program from my fltsim computer.   It does not allow me to do anything!

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers,

Harry

OK....I have attached the most recent central log file.  

The only Firewall that is active is the one that is part of the router/modem that is from my provider.  I use ESSET Internet Security and have that firewall and the Windows Defender firewalls turned off.  This setting has been used on the flt sim computer for a number of years and it has never prevented central from working in the past.  I still think there is some kind of conflict or lack of file in Central's 4.18 latest update.  My personal computer is not affected with 4.18 but of course I can't install from that computer.

I would hope that someone in Orbx's technical dept could determine just what the problem may be here.  Thanks.

Harry

Harrycentral.log

I have made "some" progress.  From my personal computer I tried to install So Cal again and this time it stated that the terrain.cfg file was missing or corrupt.   Since the ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\P3D v4 folder is shared for everyone and the terrain.cfg file is located there, I'm not sure why is states the file is missing?

Harry

More progress....I was able to copy my terrain and scenery.cfg files into a made up folder on my personal computer... the same folder where these files are located on the sim computer.  And finally, I got So Cal to start downloading.  But, and there is always a "but",  the download has to go across my network to the sim computer and downloads at a max of 1MB/sec...for a download that is almost 90GB in size!!  At that speed it will take over two hours to download and who knows how long to install.  I had to stop the download and now figure out how I can increase the speed....if that's even possible.

Harry

Guest Josh Koz
On 2/1/2021 at 11:28 AM, HarryZ said:

If I move the cursor over the circle it shows "Owned" so Central knows that I have paid for it.

But there is no option for me to either download and/or install the product.   If I run the cursor over the "Options" tab (which should then offer me to download and/or install, nothing happens.  The cursor should change from the mouse pointer to a small hand indicator  that if I click on that text,  the next step would be visible  But it is not and no matter what I do Central will not go beyond this point and offer anything.

Can you include a screenshot of Orbx Central which includes this section and showing the missing buttons? The options section should only contain a "Buy" option if the product isn't owned or an "Install" option if it is. If there's no buttons whatsoever this would suggest a bug causing the options to not be displayed at all.  If you can include as many as possible we can try narrow down the cause.

image.png

Hi Josh/Nick,

Finally, after a lot of manipulation using my personal computer, I was able to download and install both True Earth So Cal and the USA Libraries over my network!   I started the download, shut off the projectors to the sim computer (don't want them running for hours without flying) and went to bed.  Believe the download took about 6-7 hours.  I had to copy all the files from the Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv4 folder that were created during the install (had placed the scenery.cfg  and terrain.cfg files in this initial empty folder so the installer had them to change) I then copied this entire folder over to the sim computer and pasted it into the ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3Dv4 folder, overwriting what was already there.  Of course, made a backup of that folder in case there were problems.  

I then signed into my Orbx account on the sim computer and saw that Central now shows So Cal as installed.  Talk about a task to download a program!  Unfortunately, the problem with Central in trying to purchase and/or download and install a program still exists. As you can see by the pic below,  I attempted to purchase the NA Central Rockies (not that I want to).  If Central was working properly I could run my mouse pointer over the "Buy" tab, click on it and then make the purchase. But when doing this there is no response from that tab. In another words, Central is unable to proceed further and appears to be "locked" without allowing any other function.   If someone can figure this problem out, I would be ecstatic!

BTW, I noticed I got a notification of your post from my old email, hzanin@rogers.com as opposed to hzanin49@gmail.com 

My Orbx account has this new email so I'm not sure why the system is using the old one.

Again, thanks for your continued attempt to solve my issue.

Harry

HarryCentral.thumb.jpg.e3a15b739cf55c6a78a36fbcea01ccf9.jpg

On 1/29/2021 at 5:54 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Harry,

though it is the weekend there, I have asked for advice from the Orbx Central team again.

Hi Nick,

Any possible ideas yet from the Central team on what may be causing my problem on the sim computer....thanks....Harry

On 2/4/2021 at 11:28 AM, HarryZ said:

Hi Josh/Nick,

Well, today when I used the sim,  I decided to do what I have often done in the hope of maybe something changing.  I uninstalled and re-installed Central.  And now it works!!   Not sure why or how but at this point I am not going to question it.  I can now order and install products from Orbx which I haven't been able to do for months.  Yeah!!  ....Harry

Archived