Performance at ESMS

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks a lot to Marcus and the Orbx team for this release. The quality is outstanding, and in my opinion it is unrivalled compared to any other developer.

I just have some performance issues I wanted to flag up. Seems like my GPU is going a bit crazy when I am around the terminals specifically, but I cannot narrow it down. Never had this

issue compared to ESGG which is amazing with performance and FPS.

Any ideas? I attached a screenshot below. 

Thanks in advance.

Dan

31171435_Screenshot(838).thumb.jpg.05a3a295df278afa73dd316b40a28de1.jpg

10 minutes ago, danbw9 said:

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thanks a lot to Marcus and the Orbx team for this release. The quality is outstanding, and in my opinion it is unrivalled compared to any other developer.

I just have some performance issues I wanted to flag up. Seems like my GPU is going a bit crazy when I am around the terminals specifically, but I cannot narrow it down. Never had this

issue compared to ESGG which is amazing with performance and FPS.

Any ideas? I attached a screenshot below. 

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Thanks Dan for the kind words!

We havent had any performance related issues in testing at least. ESGG is using alot more textures and PBR due to the technology we used to make that one, so that ESMS would perform worse is very interesting. Maybe it can have something to do with the window material we've used for ESMS, that is the only difference I can think of right now.

Might be worth for me to have a look at if those materials have a different impact. We will release a patch for the moving jetways once we have managed to get those to function, so if I can find anything in particular that would steal frames around the terminal I can try to address that then.

Otherwise something that is worth noting is also that EKCH is very close by and if using AI that traffic might steal quite some frames.

Maybe some of my colleugues has a better idea what can be the reason?

Sorry that I can't give you better guidance at this moment, this whole MSFS is a bit new to all of us

Archived