Unable to update SoCal HD Scenery and Orbx Libs

jcallum

I am having an issue updating X-Plane 11 Orbx libraries and Socal HD. The updater hangs after downloading and stays at installing/finishing up. I have tried uninstalling but that doesn't work either.  I also get an error when I try to sync the simulator.

I am using msfs 2020 as well as X-Plane 11 and I have recently downloaded one free msfs airport (OG20) which I did before trying the x-plane 11 update. I think that Orbx Central may be confused about what sim I am using. Central log attached.

John.

central.log

When you are attempting the updates i assume that the Orbx Central sim locator is set to install to XPlane?

Difficult to know when dealing with an issue from a remote location so apologies if the question appears obvious! It is because you say that Orbx Central maybe confused about which sim you are using. 

See the attached pic and confirm that this is what you see when trying to update. What version of OrbxLibs are you using at the moment. The version all are using in XP is v1.80. If that is your version then there  is no update

Capture.thumb.JPG.1d178295cadb7b6c65c3df5e90cd33ad.JPG

So it seems it was not updating to the right XP installation. Anyway that now seems OK.

Regarding OrbxLibs. I have the 1.80 version but as an Orbx team member I may have an advance copy. The best way to check is to run the Verify Files option for OrbxLibs via the Orbx Central facility. 

Archived