Orbx Global and P3DV5.1

I appear to have a texture issue at certain non Orbx airports. I have Orbx Global Base Pack installed but no addon airports for these two regions in the Pacific area. I am not sure if this is an Orbx issue or a LM Scenery issue. The airport area lacks grass in the area for the airports as per the usual design area or block. Buildings taxiways etc all are there but there is no grass or ground texture visible in the immediate airport area. The area is black and almost appears to be a night texture trying to show illuminated lights. 

The two airports where this has occurred are:

NFFN - Nandi Fiji

NFTL- Nukualofa Intl Tonga

See the attached images:

I cannot resolve if this is an Orbx issue or some LM issue with P3DV5.1 and the scenery.

Curious that they are both in the same region of the Pacific. I do not get this at any other airport in the world that I have yet discovered. I have reinstalled Prepar 3D just to make sure it was not corrupted and have made no scenery or texture additions or alterations other than my Orbx products. 

tn_2020-11-19_12-56-49-486.jpg

tn_2020-11-19_12-58-28-191.jpg

Well partially fixed sorry!. On close inspection what is happening is that small blocks of textures in the airport area are showing a night texture not the day grass texture. It happens at all Fiji and Tonga airports that I have looked at so it is related to a particular area. P3DV5.1.12 has been installed and the various apps used to configure P3DV5 correctly. 

I have also followed the advice in this post - [useful tip] Fix for blocks or night textures in the Orbx scenery - PREPAR3D® V5.x Support Forum - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com) which did not appear to change the issue:

A few more screenshots to illustrate the problem:

The first is Fiji this time Nausori, the Second and third are Tonga EUA the last is Kiribati Bonriki INtl at Tarawa where there is both an elevation issue and the incorrect tiling texture issue. 

I guess I cannot resolve if this is a P3D problem here or Orbx Global I guess the next step is to start deselecting scenery and see what happens. Any views in the meantime would be appreciated. As I do a lot of sim flying in the Pacific this is quite frustrating. No issues with autogen or trees just the LC textures displaying incorrectly

tn_2020-11-21_12-59-18-313.jpg

tn_2020-11-21_13-0-16-95.jpg

tn_2020-11-21_13-0-30-211.jpg

tn_2020-11-21_13-3-46-635.jpg

tn_2020-11-21_13-8-53-548.jpg

Ok I uninstalled Orbx Global as a test - The black patches are now even worse, so I guess it is P3D issue in the Scenery. At least Orbx Global had patches there so there must be some exclude happening or misreading of the base scenery data. Over to P3D?

tn_2020-11-21_13-21-4-151.jpg

OK THE ISSUE HAS BEEN PROPERLY RESOLVED BY MYSELF. 

There were no issues with Orbx or P3DV5.1 - the cause of the problem was I inadvertently selected a mixed box of scenery folders containing some Asia Pacific AFCADS which also contained old FS9 bgl's for the airports in these countries and areas. Once discovered and deleted all scenery went back to normal even Kiribati - even Bonriki at Tarawa is good. 

LESSON and ADVICE FOR ANYBODY - IF YOU GOING TO INSTALL ADD ON SCENERY - TAKE CARE AND MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY OLD files from MS2004 AND prior. You might have got away with it in FSX but not in P3D. 

Sorry to waste anybody's time - Lesson well learnt for me as well.

Archived