EGNM FPS issue

Peter Lurie

There were initial reports by some about low fps but since Vulkan I see no such issue.

My PC specs are similar to yours i.e. 1080ti CPU at 4.6. 32GB RAM.

I attach pics of 2 shots in front of the Terminal, with Traffic Global at 70% traffic. If you look at the red ringed fps reading in the bottom right of the 2 pics you will see my fps is in the 30+ mark. View full screen please.

I also attach my XP settings and the screen resolution is 4K as is my monitor and I use Vulkan. I also use v11.50 and not the latest 11.51 beta.

A big fps killer is the AA so i only have it at 2xSSAA+FXAA as this is fine with a 4K resolution.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.78a08d0ba165976286888792433a1e69.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.c6ceb699e1699e20ad56140855dc2ec1.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.492bb42a0fce2bec2cd4923846185d7c.JPG

Thanks, what about VR? I am using VR and it was only at the terminal where I had such bad performance issues.  Really low.  Is there a difference at night? Lighting? I too am using Vulkan.  Seems strange? Will look at AA settings, but have the same settings as you have, except textures are on medium, not high or maximum, and my objects are also at high....as that destroys my FPS if any higher.  Also I use Zibo.... so could also be having an effect.  VR - ZIBO - Orbx TE and LEEDS? perhaps too heavy? But it all works great in other airports.  Thanks

This is interesting. I noticed your previous responses to other issues with this airport.  I took some of that advice, and previously you had suggested turn down AA settings, which i did to FXAA and it seemed to have worked.  My FPS have gone up, albeit not to the maximum but they have significantly improved.  I am now trying to work out if I need to raise AA again? To me it didnt seem like it made a big difference on visual?  Perhaps you can comment?

thanks  Pete

I can comment yes. The AA factor can be quite significant as can the screen resolution. The previous heavy fps factor was the Texture Quality but since Vulkan it has made little difference. There is very little difference in the visual quality as you mention and becomes less significant when you are flying tube liners at a high altitude. The detailed resolution is only significant when approaching and landing at airports.

Archived