Strange white halo on P3Dv5

ducaud

Hello I built a new flight simulation server, and I downloaded P3Dv5.

I also added all of my Orbx software using Orbx Central, process was flawless.

I loaded my aircraft (Prosim 737 model) at Orbx LOWI. I immediately noticed that the aircraft fuselage looks like overexposed.

Trying some of the adjustments in P3D I found that the new EA option is quite good to solve the issue above and is more realistic.

However I am finding a really strange white flickering halo on the trees, the poles, the aircraft tail, and some clouds. It is really annoying

Does anybody knows what could this thing be due to? Is there an adjustment that needs to be made?

Thanks

Juan

396426962_NOHALO.thumb.jpg.22485de094d96e354b10b24342a48977.jpg1688762691_EAHALO.thumb.jpg.d335281d5dead7b270f3cc368995329c.jpg

Hello, 

Perhaps I can add a bit to what Smudger has written. The blocky white areas behind the objects in your screen shot are good illustrations of a side effect of Enhanced Atmospherics. In v5.0, EA was considered beta and was off by default. In v5.1, EA is on by default and thus you see the issue unless you turn EA off. In addition, with EA on, HDR is enabled by default and it appears that you can't easily turn that off and leave EA on. HDR is likely responsible for the excessively white aircraft. You can play with the HDR settings but you may find that less than ideal. The problems with EA seem to be proving difficult to completely solve. These problems are not related to Orbx scenery per se. Turning EA off may or may not be a solution to your liking. 

I might mention that the blue tinge around trees has been around a long time, including in v4 and is not related to EA. It has to do with a blending problem between the sky behind and the borders of pixels in the tree texture. (Default trees do not use alpha blending; each pixel is either transparent or opaque.)  I gather that a solution to this issue is computationally  expensive and thus the problem is still with us.

Cheers,

Archived