Orbx SCENERY GREYED OUT IN P3Dv5

RoyH

When I look at scenery  add ons in the P3Dv5 sceneries, all of the Orbx sceneries, Global Base, Europe LC, Regions and Airfields are "greyed out". This means I cannot move them. Scenery seems to work satisfactorily in the sim. Any ideas please?

RoyH

On 11/3/2020 at 9:45 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it means only that you have installed your products as "add-ons" instead of

inside the P3D folder.

You shouldn't need to move them, but if you do, you will need to use a third

party app, such as the Lorby Prepar3D Addon Organizer

Is there a how-to when it comes to how these files should be organized? I get a scenery file order error before launching every flight and was told to try Lorby as well but am having trouble finding how the scenery files should be ordered. I launched in P3D V5.1 last night at Nantucket and all the taxiway textures were grey at a low resolution, and the terminal buildings weren't there either. 

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

that problem is far more likely to be that objectflow is not working.

Please check that it is installed and listed and ticked on your add-ons list.

Objectflow is installed and I just verified the installation as well. Still having the same issue :(

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it does seem to be objectflow.

This is with all Orbx products installed into an Orbx Central Library that is not in the Users folder.

My objectflow is checked off, so I would have to guess it means I don't have it installed in the right place. When I go to uninstall and reinstall Objectflow, it tells me to install it outside of the sim which I understand, but it won't let me modify where it gets installed to. Where should it be installed (if I'm able to edit it) if I have all my Orbx downloads installed directly into the PREPAR3D folder? Would you suggest installing all my Orbx scenery outside the sim in the future? Do you have a link to a how-to where I can fix this issue? Thanks for the help.

Edited by zdsweet

Disregard my above message. After some troubleshooting, I was able to change the location, uninstall all the software that was installed to the old location, reinstall it all to the new, and then it worked. Orbx Objectflow was checked as being installed in the old location but the folder wasn't there. When I went to the new location, it appeared, and the sim asked me to allow the software once I opened it. Nantucket looks normal now. Thanks for the tips!

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Thanks for the info, Nick.

I installed my Orbx products outside of the simulator thinking it would run smoother. However, I am now faced with the same issue as Roy. In the Orbx Direct app I set it to install Orbx products below my last addon airport which it appears it did but now I have buildings in places where I don't believe they should be . . . . like rivers.

Should I uninstall and reinstall the files into the simulator (P3D v5)?

BTW, I attempted to attach screenshots but I kept getting an 'unknown server error  -200'.