ESGG "terrain defined runway?"

Hello
I recently purchased MSFS version of ESGG - thanks for the discount to us P3D owners of ESGG! 

Yes it is absolutely stunning. But are you sure the Terrain defined runway is implemented? (according the ESGG product page)

image.png.248cc66f2e49c4b85af125f2f9c236bf.png

IRL the is roughly 8 meters elevation difference between THR 21 and 03. But as I am coasting up and down the runway in MSFS the altimeter is stuck at 505 ft and there seems to be no contour of the runway at all? And the red runway edge-lights can clearly be seen from the opposite end.
Have I missed something? :D  

image.thumb.png.58ddd5acec054270c4c6fc2e87c203ef.png

Otherwise, a job well done Marcus and team!

Hey!

Im sorry about that confusion. The reason is a mix of what my source in the tower at ESGG recommended and the feedback we had in beta that made us go flat. When I spoke to my friend working there he said the most true to life would be keeping it flat due to negligible height differences. He also mentioned the difference in height on the runway ends but im quite sure his numbers were way less in difference than the ones you have. Well maybe I remember incorrectly:) anyway, when adding the different aspects of blending, usability, testing reports and what our source recommended we went with a flat runway in the end. Maybe our wording could have been different, the decision to go flat came at a late stage.

hope you enjoy the scenery!

I was also hoping to see the sloped runway at ESGG. There are also differences in elevation between the runway, taxiways and the apron. I hope you will consider implementing this in a future update since this is one of the main features possible with MSFS 2020.

Other designers have unfortunately gone a bit too far with their sloped runways, making them feel lake a roller-coaster, when it just follows the default terrain. My opinion is that some form of flattening must be done, just not too much to match reality.

15 minutes ago, Steve 66 said:

I was also hoping to see the sloped runway at ESGG. There are also differences in elevation between the runway, taxiways and the apron. I hope you will consider implementing this in a future update since this is one of the main features possible with MSFS 2020.

Other designers have unfortunately gone a bit too far with their sloped runways, making them feel lake a roller-coaster, when it just follows the default terrain. My opinion is that some form of flattening must be done, just not too much to match reality.

Yes, I will try to add some more variations when its time for the service pack. 

3 hours ago, Steve 66 said:

Thanks Marcus, that would be very nice.

I just bought the airport a few hours ago and I am looking at a few other "strange" things. I will post my findings in the forum later, unless you prefer a PM. I am very "picky" with my home airport;).

feel free to send me a pm :)

Archived