Orbx Central Can't Open; Doesn't Recognize MSFS2020 Installed on My System

On Occasion, Orbx Central doesn't open because it can't find MSFS2020 on my system that's required for it to open. This happens even when I'm currently running MSFS2020. Also, Orbx doesn't list MSFS2020 as a choice for the simulator installed on my system. See attachment.

How do we fix this?

Bill-

Screenshot (538).png

Hi, I have the same problem, Orbx central can't find FS2020 on my PC (Windows10). I purchased London City some time ago for FS2020 and it was installed without any problem, the same for the London City pack. Yesterday I bought the Graz airport for FS2020, installed Orbx central and tried to run it. Unfortunately FS2020 couldn't be found. Exact the same as above where FS2020 is not shown in the scrolldown menu. Ofcourse I deinstalled Orbx Central and removed all stuff from Orbx from my PC, cleaned the bin, and restarted my PC. Reinstalled Orbx central end got the same problem couldn't choose for FS2020. When I look in "your products" I can see LOWG Graz Airport. However when I try to install the airport via Orbx Central I get the reply: Error. Type error: Cannot read property "abbreviation"of undefined. My FS2020 is installed on my D-drive and not on the default C-drive. However this shouldn't be a problem as the London add's from Orbx were installed on this D-drive some time ago. Thank you in advance for your solution. Kind regards, Frans Close

ORBX 17-10-2020.docx

6 hours ago, Frans987 said:

Hi, I have the same problem, Orbx central can't find FS2020 on my PC (Windows10). I purchased London City some time ago for FS2020 and it was installed without any problem, the same for the London City pack. Yesterday I bought the Graz airport for FS2020, installed Orbx central and tried to run it. Unfortunately FS2020 couldn't be found. Exact the same as above where FS2020 is not shown in the scrolldown menu. Ofcourse I deinstalled Orbx Central and removed all stuff from Orbx from my PC, cleaned the bin, and restarted my PC. Reinstalled Orbx central end got the same problem couldn't choose for FS2020. When I look in "your products" I can see LOWG Graz Airport. However when I try to install the airport via Orbx Central I get the reply: Error. Type error: Cannot read property "abbreviation"of undefined. My FS2020 is installed on my D-drive and not on the default C-drive. However this shouldn't be a problem as the London add's from Orbx were installed on this D-drive some time ago. Thank you in advance for your solution. Kind regards, Frans Close

Orbx 17-10-2020.docxUnavailable

I have exactly the same problem today, it has never happened before so I had to give up trying to buy extra scenery :-(

Same here. Was working fine about 3 wks ago using Kelowna purchase. Bought Sydney and tried to start today and the dropdown list doesn't even list MSFS 2020. I uninstalled Orbx and installed the latest (same as I had) and problem is not fixed.

Hi Nick,

unfortunately this doesn't work. Deleted and uninstalled everything you suggested above and reinstalled Orbx central but still no FS2020 in the menu. It seems that Orbx Central can't find FS2020 anymore. By the way, I already did this several times before I wrote in this forum. Also without succes.

Perhabs somebody on Orbx should investigate in the programm Orbx Central why FS2020 can't be found anymore.  As I see that also other customers have this problem it is hard to believe that the solution should be found on customers PC's. To my opinion the issue should be found in your programm.

Thanks for your reply.  best regards. Frans Close

10 hours ago, Frans987 said:

Perhabs somebody on Orbx should investigate in the programm Orbx Central why FS2020 can't be found anymore.  As I see that also other customers have this problem it is hard to believe that the solution should be found on customers PC's. To my opinion the issue should be found in your programm.

Hello Frans,

please run MSFS once again and see if Orbx Central can then see it.

It is looking for C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

That file must exist in the appdata folder that your User Account is using and the last line

must be the exact path to where you have installed the simulator core files.

Hi Nick,

I did run FS2020 again and looked for the UserCfg.opt and did find it. Also the allocation to FS2020 is correct in this file. After rerun Orbx Central everything went fine this time, FS2020 was shown up in the menu. A miracle or your magic touch? ha,ha.   

Anyhow, The airport Graz is installed now. Thank you very much for your intervenience.

Best regards, Frans Close

Archived