GTX480 Owners look here

What the ????

Is that over Kill or what!......wonder what FPS they are getting! ;D

Yes, for FSX it´s absolutely overkill, chances are that FPS may drop, since SLI or even tri-SLI can easily have adverse effects on the game. But it would make for a nice heater in cold winters or for roasting marshmellows in your room :D

But it looks very impressive, I wonder if the builder dares to squeeze this build into a case?!

Good find!

Are the drivers beta?

Don't know about that it didn't say but they are only for the GTX480 cards.

Thanks for the comments guys, Tenblade I knew you'd like that piccy :)

Oh FPS rate? don't know but it I think it's showing off value is good :)

Not true.

Triple SLI has been around for a while. The original Asus P6T Deluxe supported triple SLI, as does the Deluxe Version II.

I have both of these boards.

As has already been stated on numerous occassions, though, SLI does not work with FSX and in fact retards frame rates.

Frank

Thanks for the heads-up about the driver. I found it as beta on nvidia website for GTX480. Installed it and I find it is running FSX better than the 197.41. I noticed a bit of flashing texture but rarely. I am able to push AG up a notch to Very Dense at YBBN

Wonder if running 2 x 480 for 3 monitors would work? If it can hold the FPS to 20-30 FPS over heavy airports on 3 monitors that would be worth considering. Better still in 3d! The question is, who here has a 480 x 2 working with 3 monitors to test and see if it will work at a constant 20 FPS smoothly with FSX. If 2 x 480's worked for 3 monitors for FSX, I would save my pay and get them, even if it took a year. Imagine Orbx over 3 monitors with 32 x AA? Sigh.........  :P

Wonder if running 2 x 480 for 3 monitors would work? If it can hold the FPS to 20-30 FPS over heavy airports on 3 monitors that would be worth considering. Better still in 3d! The question is, who here has a 480 x 2 working with 3 monitors to test and see if it will work at a constant 20 FPS smoothly with FSX. If 2 x 480's worked for 3 monitors for FSX, I would save my pay and get them, even if it took a year. Imagine Orbx over 3 monitors with 32 x AA? Sigh.........  :P

what'stopping you to try it out for us ? :P;D;)

I dunno how many times it's been said that SLI doesn't work in FSX.

I had 2 x 9800GX2's in SLI running triple head2 go on 3 x 24" monitors and it was slower than when I took one out.

A GTX480 is going to do the same, so why waste the price of an extra card?

You would be better off saving your money for a new motherboard, chip and ram for next year when the replacement for the i7's comes out!

Frank

Agree:; forget SLI.  In some convoluted logic, FSX was written for today's fast hardware, ...  yet without threading, SLI capacity, alpha scenery which they took out at SP1 because of the deluge of performance complaints, some very sloppy autogen, and resource hungry AI.  Soar airlines could hardly crawl off the ground, let alone glide like a bird!

It's my wish, that MS would sell the code to a company that could simply go through and rewrite it.  I don't care if they call it FSXnext as long as FSX add-ons and scenery were backward compatible.  The only positive that Orbx, PMDG and others are basically making there products independent of the host game to the extent possible and therefore building faster and more functional products.  The longer the time between X and next, the more of these refinements that will be made.

But the base product does need a cleanup

Are negotiations afoot?

anyway I think 1 GTX480 would be fine after all look at the feedback from JV on his blogs about the 480 and what others say and I think 1 is good enough. :)

The main reason I put that piccy up in the first place was not to suggest SLI for FSX, but rather to show you a piccy that I found and thought it funny to see. :)

Did anyone catch the blog, elsewhere, that Video cards, yes GPUs are now being used as processors.  In fact because of their structure and the number of chips they out-perform the conventional processors.

How I don't know, even when explained to me.  But it is honto.

Archived