I purchased KORS through the marketplace, though at the time I did not know that products would be made available through Orbx Direct.   Upset about that, but I also purchased KTIW.   Both were working just fine when initially purchased.  

Now any time I start at KORS or fly near it, I get a CTD.   I uninstalled it and reinstalled it hoping it would fix the isue.  No.  Still have a CTD.  But now I cannot uninstall it any longer.  Not a happy customer with this right now, but my long time experience with Orbx and thousands of USD in purchases tells me someone knows the answer to my problem and will help me solve it,

11 hours ago, GrizzlyAir said:

any time I start at KORS or fly near it, I get a CTD.

In the linked topic above you'll see that I had a very similar problem to yours and I also have KTIW and 1S2 installed. Additionally I also have some other free scenery in the area.

I tried disabling them all, every single one of them but, again CTD.

There's one difference though, I can start at KORS without problems but I can't never get back to it.

As a simple test, if you manage to start safely at KORS, could you please try to fly just a bit out of KORS, say go to Friday Harbor (FHR, it's just around the corner, 284.00 NDB) and then get back to KORS?

Ok.  I can tell you that I CAN fly in the area just fine with the default KORS.  If I delete every single mod I have installed it still CTD IF I have Orbx KORS installed.   I am having the same issue as everyone else it appears.  If I fly in the area of it, it CTD and the event viewer just says it’s flightsimulator.exe caused it.  I also have an i7-9700 with a 2080ti and 32g of ram.  

I cannot test it because I cannot even start a flight at KORS if I have it installed

Thanks for confirming. The issue of 2 close by airport addons is known about and Orbx were in direct contact with Asobo. Asobo have reported back that they have supposedly fixed the issue and will be including it in an update. It may be a part of the World update due out tomorrow but I cannot be sure.

Please be assured it is not an Orbx created issue but a flaw that has been discovered by users and devs and affects all developers not just Orbx.

We hope to see the fix asap

Absolutely.  Thank you to everyone who answered and gave me links   Very helpful as usual.   Thank you Orbx crew as well.   I have Tacoma Narros and Orcas installed and that's the issues, even if I don't fly to or from one of them, i get a crash somewhere between vancouver and victoria or a straight CTD when I try to load in.

On 9/28/2020 at 7:56 PM, Jon Clarke said:

Thanks for confirming. The issue of 2 close by airport addons is known about and Orbx were in direct contact with Asobo. Asobo have reported back that they have supposedly fixed the issue and will be including it in an update. It may be a part of the World update due out tomorrow but I cannot be sure.

Please be assured it is not an Orbx created issue but a flaw that has been discovered by users and devs and affects all developers not just Orbx.

We hope to see the fix asap

there was no mention about the fix in the patch notes but then I'm not sure if they would communicate these low level fixes in a generic patch notes.

do you happen to have any more info or should I test it by trying to fly to KORS? :)

Archived