Need Help with new installation

ducaud

Hello,

I have been using a Windows 7 PC with Prepar3D  for a number of years, and I have been upgrading it all the way to Prepar3DV4.5

Now I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, and I also built a new PC. for P3D V5 and MSFS2020

I have all of the Global Base Pack except (Buildings and Terra Flora)

I have the regions in Europe and several airports in Europe and N. America.

What is the easiest way to install all of my Orbx products?

I remember when installing all of the Orbx Global Products, I had to install a Global texture program, is this still necessary, and which one is the updated version of it?

Thanks and regards

Juan G. Ducaud

Hello Juan,

nothing has changed in respect of P3D v5, except perhaps some of your products

might not yet be P3D v5 compatible.

I would suggest that you install the Global products first, then any regions and finally any airports.

Don't forget the Orbx Libraries and you should not try to run the simulator after the installation of

any Orbx product until they are installed.

FS Global 2010 is not an Orbx product, you may install it if you wish, I expect it to work as it did

in previous simulator versions.

No previous Orbx products are compatible with the new Microsoft simulator.

At present, some of them attract a discount for ownership of previous versions.

This discount is not indefinite.

Great.

Thank you very much for the information. I have already installed the Global products, then the regions, then the airports. I left the PC downloading. it took about 8 hours. 

It only had one error message on the installation of Duvrobnik LDDU, it disply thar there were file that did not install correctly. It gave the message to go and take the verify files option. I did and it solved the issue.

This time I used the feature of installing them all in a separate library. They are all now very neat in a folder outside P3dV5.

I will get the MSFS2020 compatible products to take advantage of the discount while it lasts. 

Now I only have to wait for the Nvidea RTX 3090 to complete the system. and take advantage of those 24 GB of RAM

Thank you again for your help NIck

Regards

Juan

Archived