Orbx Central does not open

jaxon

I have attempted to download Orbx Central a number of times but it will not open.  When I attempt to open Central it minimizes to the Task Bar and will not open any further from there.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times without success.  I have also downloaded all of the required Redistributables for Windows 10.

I have purchased numerous Orbx products over the years and have in the past successfully used Orbx Central but it no longer works.

Transaction ID: 5f56d28c7fd33

Regards,

Tim

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Tim,

It's possible that Orbx Central is running correctly but the window isn't within the bounds of your display for some reason. 

Are you running windows 10 and if so, if you mouse over Orbx Central on the task bar do you see a preview of the application window? Can you attach your central.log file so we can determine if the application is encountering an error?

Hey Nick, we got it working about a week ago. I sent a message but now remember I was working with several of you fellas. Anyway, Josh pointed me in the right direction and it's working fine now. Thank you very much for your assistance, I appreciate it.

While waiting for a reply I followed the advise of Nick Cooper to James8133 on August 28, when he stated:

In fact, it is necessary to first uninstall Orbx Central, using the Windows Control panel.

Then delete:

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Orbx and

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx-central-updater

Then reinstall Orbx Central, using any of the "Get Central" links on Orbx Direct.

I followed these steps and Orbx Central now loads and seems to be working just fine.

Thank you Nick.

Regards,

Tim

Archived