Wycombe Air Park - EGTB - scenery not loading into sim

Hi, I purchased and installed Wycombe Air Park yesterday from Orbx central. 

The installation was fine and the folder is showing in my Community folder:

comfolder.PNG

Wycombe Air park is even showing in the Content manager as installed:

marketplace.PNG

but in sim, no show:

wycombeinsim.PNG

I've tried deleting all freeware scenery I had from the community folder and its still not loading. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is annoying as i'm from Wycombe so this is some scenery i'd really like to see!

Hi Nick, Resolved the issue by deleting the Orbx London City pack, London city airport and Leeds/Bradford from within the MS2020 content manager and deleting their folders in the 'Official' folder. Then installing Wycombe Air Park viaOrbx central.  Made sure that loads correctly, which it did and then downloading and re-installing the Orbx scenery mentioned above from within the marketplace. 

All looks to be ok now. There must be a conflict between scenery downloaded previously from the MS2020 Marketplace and new scenery from Orbx Central.

Thanks, there is also the so far unexplored possibility that the position of the various addons

in the Content.xml file is a factor in deciding what displays and what does not.

What you did could have changed the order.

I don't think that much or possibly any testing of the consequences of addons can have been

done by Asobo.

Hi Nick, 

Same issue here, bought some weeks ago London landmarks and airport over the MSFS market place and now bought Wycombe over Orbx and scenary not loading, I can see the folder with the 1,87GB in the community folder and in the content manager is showned there too. 

I've tried to delete london landmark and airport and install again Wycombe but still default scenary. Any idea how to solve it?

I bought Darrington too from Orbs, having before Tacoma and Santa Barbara from the market place and this one loaded correctly...

Thanks in advance for your support 

Hi both

After my issues I did some further investigating into what is causing the issues with scenery not showing.

In the folder 

C:\Users\**yourname**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

There is a file called Content.xml (save a backup copy of this file to your desktop before you make any changes)

open Content.xml in notepad and make sure you have the entries shown as below in there underneath the asobo entires in the same order as shown. (Don't delete any of the asobo entries!):

<Package name="Orbx-landmarks-london-city-pack" active="true"/>
    <Package name="Orbx-airport-eglc-london-city" active="true"/>
    <Package name="pilotplus-egtb-wycombeairpark" active="true"/>

Then save the Content.xml file and start the sim. Wycombe Air Park will now show.

This is really useful to know going forwards for all scenery, as I had other items not showing because they were missing from this file. Once they had a line added into this file with the correct folder name they all appear.

Hello,

it's probably worth mentioning that the location of the Content.xml file varies with the version of

MSFS that you have.

Here is a list of the choices.

DVD version:                    C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimDisc_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

Microsoft Store version: C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Content.xml

Steam Version:                C:\Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Content.xml

It might be a good idea to create a desktop shortcut to the file.

53 minutes ago, kbucky said:

Hi both

After my issues I did some further investigating into what is causing the issues with scenery not showing.

In the folder 

C:\Users\**yourname**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

There is a file called Content.xml (save a backup copy of this file to your desktop before you make any changes)

I'll investigate this file on my machine, perhaps there is some weak reference to scenarios that I do not have installed anymore and this could influence the CTDs.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Wycombe Air Park - EGTB - scenery not loading into sim

Archived