TerraFlora needs some help

Captain Dudley

Attach your scenery_packs.ini as it looks like it is incorrectly placed in there or if you are happy to make the adjustment yourself then move the Terra Flora entry in the scenery_pacls.ini to very near the bottom.

There are 2 aspects to your pics and am not sure which aspect you are referring to in general.

The 1st pic shows a clash between the tree in TE Oregon and Terra Flora. For your info The TE series already includes terra flora trees so the addon is not required for TE addons.

The 2nd aspect is the rusty/gold colour of the trees. That is purely  XP issue and nothing to do with the addon. It is a well known XP shader anomaly that colours the trees in that awful colour around dawn and dusk.

There is way to correct that but it involves additional payware and will only work in XP upto the 11.40/41 release, and not with the Vulkan versions.

Here is the informative link regarding the tree colours:

Hello John,

Thank you for your reply. I tried moving the Terra Flora entry around in Scenery_packs.ini, but the visuals are unchanged. Still, I've attached the file below.

I'm not familiar with XVision but RenauIt's post looked convincing; so I purchased the product, and made the single change he recommended (see 1.jpg, below).

With this change, X-Plane doesn't start at all (see 2.jpg, below). Using XVision's built in 'reset parameters' option, I did so; and the error persisted, and I ultimately had to restore all the shader files to make X-Plane functional again. This is getting a little deeper than I expected. Still working on it, and I'll update this thread with more information on this fix (fingers crossed) as I proceed.

1.jpg

2.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

Your entries in the scenery_packs.ini were incorrectly layered as far as TE Oregon is concerned do I have rearranged the scenery_pack for you.

Regarding x-vision, whenyou set the adjustment to PBE=3 you then need to press the F8 key I believe to make sure that the new data goes into the XP shaders. I assume you are still using XP v11.40/41.

Try again with x-vixion but I would suggest yo make a safe copy of the XP shaders folder so that if for some reason you get this error message you just return a copy of the shaders back into XP rather than having to go through the XP installer option. I really don't understand the error message as I have never seen it before.

scenery_packs.ini

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Mr. Jon Clarke;

How do we fix the PBR now that "shades" are NOT available anymore on XVision due to the new X-Plane 11.50 (Vulkan). There is any other way to fix these trees? If not, do you have access to the X-Plane dev team to ask them to FIX it? Thanks very much.

Carlos A.

There is no fix for the rust coloured dawn/dusk trees as the problem is with XP and not Orbx or X-Vision. X-Vision was able to access and adjust the Shaders  files in XP11.40 and earlier versions but now since 11.50 version this is no longer possible. I have no access to the XP developer team at all. I have the same access as you.

Archived