HD scenery loading very long

Piotrpaw

I have a reasonably good and fast machine, but the HD So, and Nor Cali that I purchased loads very long (7 - 8 minutes). The X-Plane provided scenery loads up to 30 seconds. Also, when switching from the X-Plane areas to Orbx I have to quit X-Plane and reload, otherwise it crashed. It occurred to me that perhaps this long time to load is related to the fact that I have these sceneries loaded on a non-SSD drive, whereas X-Plane (11) is loaded on SSD drive. Your thoughts? 

Welcome to the forum mate , my XP11 (Steam) is on one my non-SSD drives and my main Orbx scenery folder is on another non_SSD drive .  I am using Vulcan with Build 17 beta and sometimes my load times are over 5 minutes also .

Cheers

John

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Welcome to the forum mate , my XP11 (Steam) is on one my non-SSD drives and my main Orbx scenery folder is on another non_SSD drive .  I am using Vulcan with Build 17 beta and sometimes my load times are over 5 minutes also .

Cheers

John

Thanks, John. I can live with that... just hoped that it is some sort of 'pilot error' I can easily fix (by throwing more money on SSD drive :)).

Just to add to Johns comment, there will be a difference in loading times depending on type of HDD. In loading times from slow to fast we have regular HD, SSD & NVME m2.

There is also a difference in loading times of the True Earth addons depending where you are loading a flight from. For me a flight loading in Tampa in TE Florida takes almost 5 minutes but from Miami less that n 4 nearer 3 minutes on a NVME.M2 The TE addons are much more detailed than the default scenery so also there is more to scan and load.

Archived