Please remember chaps.

Iain Emms

Regarding the screenshot rules i have noticed quite a few shots using MSFS 2020 that are coming in with no Orbx scenery in them please remember all shots posted here must show Orbx scenery that can be identified as Orbx, Any shots that dont will be removed thank you for your understanding.

cheers

Iain

I must admit it's all too easy too easy to flout this rule. There's so much new stuff in MSFS that it's impossible to keep hitting the screen-save key.

There wasn't that much Orbx scenery for MSFS 2020 at first, but that's quickly been rectified now ... there's even some Orbx freeware out there! No excuse, chaps!

I suspect one of the problems is that we're used to having an Orbx world in the background in P3D, courtesy of Global Base, OLC regions etc, so anywhere is ok from that sim, and then the TE regions in XP are so similar to the MSFS stuff in areas like SoCal that it's too easy to forget that we're not in Orbx land most of the time (as yet) in MSFS. And the sim is so impressive people just naturally want to share. I certainly keep taking loads of shots and have to remind myself that I can't post them here. But like Adam says, it hopefully won't be long before more stuff gets ported over.

Maybe I'll concentrate on trying to get the 787 under Tower Bridge - that'll count! (where's my tape measure? . . )

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

I suspect one of the problems is that we're used to having an Orbx world in the background in P3D, courtesy of Global Base, OLC regions etc, so anywhere is ok from that sim, and then the TE regions in XP are so similar to the MSFS stuff in areas like SoCal that it's too easy to forget that we're not in Orbx land most of the time (as yet) in MSFS. And the sim is so impressive people just naturally want to share. I certainly keep taking loads of shots and have to remind myself that I can't post them here. But like Adam says, it hopefully won't be long before more stuff gets ported over.

Maybe I'll concentrate on trying to get the 787 under Tower Bridge - that'll count! (where's my tape measure? . . )

You could put it on a barge but wingspan might still be a problem.

Archived