Sloped Runways

Greetings

I am looking to purchase one or two of my first add-on airports for MSFS, particularly looking at EGLC, EGNM and LOWI, but was unclear whether these include sloped runways as the default airports they would replace do.

As it would be a shame to move backwards in terms of a feature set over default, is it Orbx intention to include sloped runways as a matter of course on MSFS airports?

Thanks in advance.

It would be nice if we could simply get a clear anwer to the question. Does the Orbx version of EGLC (as well as the other Orbx/Gaya airports that have been released so far) feature the undulating runways that are present in the default MSFS airports, and if not, when is it planned to get them updated accordingly?

10 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

It would be nice if we could simply get a clear anwer to the question. Does the Orbx version of EGLC (as well as the other Orbx/Gaya airports that have been released so far) feature the undulating runways that are present in the default MSFS airports, and if not, when is it planned to get them updated accordingly?

I thought the answers above were pretty clear myself!

Default EGNM Runway is a bumpy thing that bears little or no resemblance to the real thing. The Orbx version replaces this with a runway that recreates the real thing as far as technology is currently able. I live 5 miles from EGNM and think it looks pretty realistic. 

Hope this helps

Hello,

the Orbx version of EGLC does not at present feature a sloping runway.

In fact, the real runway is virtually level but there is an internal discussion

of this in progress and things might change in the future.

Orbx  EGNM and LOWI have sloping runways.

Gaya and Orbx are separate entities.

Products released under the Gaya brand have no connection, except that

they are marketed though Orbx Direct and installed with Orbx Central.

It looks to me as if their LOWZ runway is also sloped but that the slope is very subtle,

probably because it is in the real world as well.

It is the intention of Orbx developers to implement sloping runways at all airports.

Of course, how much they slope and in what way will be dependent on the airport in question.

57 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

the Orbx version of EGLC does not at present feature a sloping runway.

In fact, the real runway is virtually level but there is an internal discussion

of this in progress and things might change in the future.

Orbx  EGNM and LOWI have sloping runways.

Gaya and Orbx are separate entities.

Products released under the Gaya brand have no connection, except that

they are marketed though Orbx Direct and installed with Orbx Central.

It looks to me as if their LOWZ runway is also sloped but that the slope is very subtle,

probably because it is in the real world as well.

It is the intention of Orbx developers to implement sloping runways at all airports.

Of course, how much they slope and in what way will be dependent on the airport in question.

Thanks Nick, that cleared things up for me! :)

Thanks for the official clarification Nick.

Now that I look more closely at the product pages I notice that the EGNM page shows the sloped runway as a feature but LOWI does not. Could it be worth updating the runway information where applicable as this could be an important feature to highlight?

Archived