Mini-canyons at Darrington

SAWT

Hello,

I have a bit if a problem with NA Blue & Darrington (order number 52316) . As you can see from the attached picture when I go to the airport I am surrounded by mini-canyons. I have applied the Noth America region as shown in the second attached screenshot. The Australia region works fine and the NA region used to work but now does not since I installed the OZx3.1 Airfields. I have installed the latest Orbx Object Libraries version 2010-04-21 but that has not made any difference.

Any idea what I need to do to get NA Blue working properly again?

Thanks

Shaun

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had the same problem after installing the SP1 update for PNW.

I had a duplicate AFCAD for Darrington in the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery/" folder.

When FTX NA is disabled, you should have a file called "ADE_FTX_PNW_1S2_elevation_adjustment.OFF"

With FTX NA enabled, it should read "ADE_FTX_PNW_1S2_elevation_adjustment.BGL".

I had both files when FTX NA was enabled.

What I did to fix it:

1) Enable FTX NA in FTX Central

2) Navigate in Explorer to your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery/" folder.

3) Delete ONLY the duplicate file that is in the OFF condition (it's extension will be .OFF).

4) Verify that all other PNW files have an extension of BGL.

Hope this helps!

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for your help. I had a look in the "Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery/" folder and found that I had 99 ADE_FTX_PNW_... files marked with OFF - there were no BGL versions of any of these. As an experiment I renamed the file for Darrington with the BGL extension and that fixed the problem. I then renamed it back with the OFF extension and the problem reappeared. I have tried running FTX Central with administrator privledges but that didn't help either.

I have just reinstalled NA PNW patch 001 and that fixed the problem - I'm not sure what happened because I had installed the patch before the problem started and at that time everything was fine.

Shaun

• 3 months later...

I just ran into this same issue at Darrington. I do not have the addon Darrington, just running FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 002 JUNE 10TH 2010 with FTX US 2S1 VASHON ISLAND VERSION 1.1 - June 2010.

I checked for a dupe folder, none existed, however, all PNW entries were .OFF!

As I just installed both PNW and FTX AUSTRALIA DVD (SP3) MAY 2009 with AUSTRALIA SP3.001 PATCH - August 1st, 2009 I've been jumping between the two a lot in the past week.

It seems that if I do go from AU to PNW I need to reapply the region I'm going into, does that sound right?

When I went from Coff's Harbour to Darrington, reapplying PNW in Orbx Central fixed the elevation/mesh issues at Darrington but only after reapplying.

Just spent an hour flying around the valleys in the Darrington area in the ultralight, even stock PNW Darrington is very nice, but I know I'll investigate the 1S2 addon just to see the extras around the airport.

I think I figured out what happened in my case. I rolled back to Default FSX to return to my GEX/UTX packages which I've been flying since they were introduced during FS9 to get a handle on various graphics settings. I think going back to Default FSX deactivated both Aus and PNW but both seem to need reactivating separately to be turned back on. In my case, and with my box'o'hardware, Orbx and GEX/UTX turn out to be two very different animals with respect to getting the smoothest flights on my rig depending on settings and where I'm flying. When I reactivated Orbx I think I only did the "APPLY" for Australia so PNW was never reactivated (hence all the .OFF's instead of .BGL's) giving me a number of airports with strange ruts, valleys and bumps. Reactivated PNW and all is well. I checked a couple of other airports I know well that had similar issues and the anomalies were gone there as well.

If I come up with a reason to deactivate again I'll pay closer attention to what actually happens.

But for now, I'm havin' fun!

Archived