Future product discounts

If I buy a product from the MSFS 2020 marketplace will it be eligible for future product discounts for newer versions or will that only apply to products purchased from Orbx directly. If a new version of an airport is released in the future and I'm not offered a discount unless I purchased it directly from Orbx then I see no benefit from using the marketplace other than convenience.

To get Orbx discounts all original purchases must have been via Orbx Direct store not any other store.

Generally speaking in the other sims Orbx has created addons for, any updates are free of charge to those that bought the original version from Orbx. If an update is a whole brand new version with many more features  there may be a slight charge but no where near the original price. This is proven in the discounts on offer now to Orbx customers who had bought addons for FSX/P3D/XP that are currently being offered for MSFS. All these discounts and free upgrades etc are for Orbx customers and that, in this case means customers who bought from Orbx originally.

Archived