Where is the 'proper' location for addons?

So I'm just setting up my Orbx library, but I generally like to keep things installed directly into the sim for my own organisational purposes. I noted when I installed MSFS I had to choose a packages location, within which are "Official" and "Community" folders. The "Official" folder contains another folder "OneStore" and within that it seems to have downloaded all the airports, aircraft etc that come with the default installation.

Would the "Community" folder be the correct place to install 3rd party addons to? Such as Community > OrbxCentral.

Cheers!

Guest Piotr Morawski

Hi. I've got a problem with EGNM. It appears to be installed in Orbx Central straight into the sim folder, but it doesn't show up in the Content manager (actually none of my Orbx products shows up in the manager) and when I load up the airport it is the default one. EGLC, LOWI are fine. Should I move the folders from 'community' to 'official' to make it visible in the sim?

6 minutes ago, Guest Piotr Morawski said:

Hi. I've got a problem with EGNM. It appears to be installed in Orbx Central straight into the sim folder, but it doesn't show up in the Content manager (actually none of my Orbx products shows up in the manager) and when I load up the airport it is the default one. EGLC, LOWI are fine. Should I move the folders from 'community' to 'official' to make it visible in the sim?

Hello,

please register with the forums and I'll try to answer your question.

Archived