Questions on TE Balaerics

hartson

As an X-Plane user, in these time of MSFS hysteria I'm keen to support Orbx's X-Plane product line. TE Baelerics sounds an obvious buy for me, but I've some questions. It's called a TE product, but there's no HD or SD designation, presumably because of the smaller size of the installation. However I'm unclear which resolution it's most like. For me I'd always used, rightly or wrongly, the TE designation to suggest a particular level of fidelity. Which is it?

Then I also have two payware airports for the region, Aerosoft's LEIB (which isn't bad) and JustSim's LEPA, which is really good in my opinion. Both also representations of the islands as well. I'd be interested in any experiences using one or both with the Orbx product.

Lastly, as we've all been exposed to SO many videos of flight simulation recently thanks to the MS and influencers campaign I must say that the video for TE Balearics that you set on your email notifications is a bit meh.

Bottom line, and not being rude, this is a real TE product isn't it?

It's ZL18, so that's basically UHD (60cm/px), one step up from a normal HD versions.. There is no HD or SD version.

It's a small region, hence the reduced price. However, this product is not just orthoimagery but gives much more compared to what others who have orthos provide:

• Accurately placed and themed autogen. Each building is categorised and given the correct height as well
  • Accurate vegetation, again as above, each tree is categorised and given a height based on accurate data
  • Lots of POIs around the island, e.g. hotel complexes, historical buildings. 
  • The aerial imagery that is there has been cleaned up extensively and colour matched with the autogen
  • A detailed mesh that makes the coastlines and mountains show stunning detail

If all you want is just orthos and nothing else, then probably those payware airports will serve you fine. If you want a more faithful representation of the islands in 3D with all vegetation and accurate autogen as well, then this region will do that.

Thanks for the quicks response. The pictures on Orbx Central do look more impressive than the video. Even so the picture of what I believe is of LEIB has a very lurid green tinge to it.

Also can I suggest that someone adds a map of the covered area of the scenery. It may sound like a small point, but it's good to see the actual coverage area.

As someone who is not familiar with this area when you have a moment would it be possible to make the map in the product guide available as a stand alone 8” x 11” download? I purchased this product today and am looking forward to exploring. 
thank you for any consideration.

Dave

Archived