TE Florida: Helicopter Ramp at KTIX Not Flat and Water Masks...

I've just recently acquired the TE Florida package and have been flying around the area, lately at Titusville Space Coast Regional and found that the helicopter ramp has a deep depression on the east half.  Fortunately, the half closest to the taxiways is still usable but it would be nice if it could be flattened all the way back to the edge of the property.

I've also noticed that the waterway between Titusville and Cape Kennedy (known as the Indian River) does not seem to be a body of water, but rather a mud basin.  It seems like the water mask is missing for this area.  It would be nice to fly across this area as a body of water as it should be.

Just some observations I hope may get addressed in a future update.

Thanks,

Highspeed

1 hour ago, Highspeed1964 said:

I've just recently acquired the TE Florida package and have been flying around the area, lately at Titusville Space Coast Regional and found that the helicopter ramp has a deep depression on the east half.  Fortunately, the half closest to the taxiways is still usable but it would be nice if it could be flattened all the way back to the edge of the property.

I've also noticed that the waterway between Titusville and Cape Kennedy (known as the Indian River) does not seem to be a body of water, but rather a mud basin.  It seems like the water mask is missing for this area.  It would be nice to fly across this area as a body of water as it should be.

Just some observations I hope may get addressed in a future update.

Thanks,

Highspeed

Thanks for the info.

Please assist and post a pic or 2 of the area you are referring to with coordinates preferably. It helps those concerned find the exact spot.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the quick response (quicker than mine here for sure!)  Here's two screen shots.  The first is with my aircraft located at the airport (KTIX); LAT 28.513 LON -80.794.  The second one is in the air near the Kennedy Space Center; LAT 28.514 LON -80.722.

In the first (KTIX Space Coast Regional.jpg), the area that should be flat is in the blue circle with my aircraft identified in the red circle.

In the second shot, the area in the blue circle has no water reflections (this stretches further north and south as well) and it looks more like mud flats than the water it should resemble.

EDIT:  On more careful inspection, there DOES seem to be some reflections along the shore line.  Perhaps the masks need to be darkened to get a bit more "watery" appearance to this area?

Hope this helps.

Highspeed

KTIX Space Coast Regional.jpg

Nimbus UH-1 - 2020-08-07 11.22.jpg

As you know the airports in True Earth are default Laminar ones and the adjustments need to be made by the dev of the particular airport. Orxb has no authorisation to mod a default airport.

Looking at the Gateway I notice you are involved somehow in the April 2020 development or a comment maker (See attached pic).

Maybe you could download that new as yet unreleased version and see if it improves the situation and check if it needs "flattening" or something similar.

Regarding the water masking I need to refer that to @Tony Wroblewski as he can then comment. I do know for a fact that Tony is extremely busy at the moment so him to make a note of the issue may be take a while. I trust you understand as this can be deemed as a minor issue but will be noted for a possible fix. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.62da9baa3e54cf0663b2a8da123c309a.JPG

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.  It was my work on this airport package that led to me finding this.  When not using Orbx, this airport is fine.  Even in self-generated Ortho scenery I have no issue.  It is only when using the TE Florida package that I have this issue.  In other Orbx sceneries (e.g. Southern California) there was an update released that flattened/smoothed terrain for various airports.  I prefer not to use the "Always Flatten" option for airports as this can lead to some other unique issues... particularly when an airport is near the water.

I was hoping a terrain mesh update could be provided for the Florida package as well.

Highspeed

8 hours ago, Highspeed1964 said:

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.  It was my work on this airport package that led to me finding this.  When not using Orbx, this airport is fine.  Even in self-generated Ortho scenery I have no issue.  It is only when using the TE Florida package that I have this issue.  In other Orbx sceneries (e.g. Southern California) there was an update released that flattened/smoothed terrain for various airports.  I prefer not to use the "Always Flatten" option for airports as this can lead to some other unique issues... particularly when an airport is near the water.

I was hoping a terrain mesh update could be provided for the Florida package as well.

Highspeed

I would have to leave that to Tony Wroblewski to answer but in reality it is far easier a fix to flatten than to do a mesh revamp. As I said the airports are not Orbx ones so any alteration to that airport are down to Laminar/ the airport dev. I trust you understand.

The airport you have made is not the official default one in XP11 as it is not yet released as far as I can see.

I have just done a test at the default 11.50b17 version of KTIX and the 11.41 version and it is not the same as your pic shows.

Archived