Orbx files deleted

Dalek

Good morning,

Bought a new computer, did a install of FSX (Gold Edition) and re installed my Orbx products plus a few freeware airports of yours. Everything is fine and working as it should. In FTX Global Vector it mentions to re-auto config if you have added or deleted add on scenery so I ran that program. I fired up FSX and a message came up saying it was going to Delete "Orbx\FTX_vector\FTX_Vector_AEC\scenery\AEC_cec7" and it went on about a dozen times for files within the Orbx/FTX_Vector directory. I did not think to get a screenshot of what the FSX message said. So after I closed and re opened FSX and went to CEF4 there was only the runway and the fence and the rotating beacon no trees or anything else. I went over to CYYC (see Pic) same thing. So I checked the Scenery.cfg and there a lot of files with inactive beside them, the files appeared to be not deleted.There a 3 scenery.cfg files, one is the original  FSX that was backed up when I installed your product and another one that I think FSX created when it went on it's rampage. I'm not sure what to do here uninstall and re install Global Vector?  I only wrote down seven of the error messages FSX showed and I'm not sure why it did this. Maybe running the re-atuo config caused this?

Thanks

Dale

2020-7-31_22-55-37-406.jpg

Hello,

it is probable that the error messages were in fact connected to scenery.dat files and not product files at all.

FSX cannot delete addon scenery files but it does index them and if the files don't match the index, it

generates error messages.

If you mean that there were a lot of inactive scenery library entries, then just enable them again.

If you mean that there were files ending in .inactive, that is perfectly normal, so long as you found them in one of the Vector folders.

The most common reason for a lack of airport buildings is that the scenery complexity slider is too far to the left.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the reply and you were correct.  I don't know how the scenery complexity slider got moved, I must have moved it in error, everything is good. And those files I thought that were deleted are still in the directory but have  .inactive after them.

Thanks for the Help!

Dale

Archived