OG34 scenery looks odd

piel

Hi,

After flying for a while and getting used to the Orbx environment and after figuring out the Vector AEC i still have some issues so it is time to ask.

I was unable to add all my order numbers to my signature but i have:

Global: Base, Vector, LC NA, LC EU, Orbx libs, Iceland demo

NA: S Alaska, PNW, PFJ, N Rockies

Airports: 7WA3, CAX6, CYBD, KHQM, Airport pack

As of today i have NO 3rd party scenery installed. (maybe Bear Gulch from the Realair Citabria package)

OG34 is not in AEC. The runway length is 1185 feet and zero width in the FS GPS and Little Navmap to check. Even that length is not usable because there is a 6 feet rise at the 16 end of the runway a few feet before the actual end. (this is the other end not the one on the pic) A hangar and cars are visible. There is also a tree close to the "runway".

According to AirNav it should be 1585x100ft.

I have seen recently a similar airfield (i can't recall which) with piper cubs and hangar but the runway looked too strange but disregarded it.

It makes me think if it is a scenery issue or I have a configuration problem.

Peter

PS should i uninstall the Iceland demo or keep it?

OG34.jpg

Scenery.CFG

Hello Nick

Let me try again... with the help of your weapon of choice... Google Earth

Cyan is the actual RWY in FSX, the yellow pin is the 16 end of the RWY in FSX.

Red is the rest of the RWY in real life (i measured the length and checked the coordinates) the missing almost 500ft.

In my FSX the red part and the neighboring empty field is covered in autogen buildings and trees AND there is a huge bump at the end of the cyan RWY so you cant run even 10 feet more because it is too steep. (and it is pretty hard to turn around without slew mode coz AirHauler). See pic nr 2.

So.

Just to be clear i was not crying about the looks of the field. I found odd that one third of the runway was missing and wondered if it is how it is supposed to be/look like or my scenery is not configured right. If it is how it supposed to be then maybe worth looking at or correct it? This is part of the PNW scenery and someone put in an effort to make it.

So which is it and do i have to just live with it?

the real thing is apparently only this:

Yeah it is not much but wrong.

Regards

Peter

GE OG34.jpg

OG34 RWY16.jpg

Hello,

there is nothing wrong with your installation.

I would suggest that you remove or rename

Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_OG34_Meyer_Riverside_Airpark_CVX.bgl

then you will see the default runway that is apparently 1585 feet in length.

Hi Nick,

I tried to disable the .bgl you mentioned but the results were not better. The RWY is a bit longer but i get 2 more autogen trees in the way.

I am not going to fly there in the future if i can avoid it which is a shame. It could be a nice little field if fixed.

Regards

Peter

Archived