True Earth GB South - Blurry Tile Since Installing Orbx Central

Hi,

I opened up FTX and it told me to download Orbx Central, which I did. This then said there were updates to downlaod, I downloaded those.

Since doing this, I have found that one (or more) of the tiles has become blurry and appears to have a lower resolution. The surrounding scenery still has the crisp textures to it. This can be clearly seen in the attached screenshots.

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled True Earth GB South, to no avail. The area that is  affected (the area in the red box on the attached image) is a box just west of Merryfield that extends east to 10NM from Boscombe Down. The area affected goes as far north as Yeovilton and all the way to the coast.

I can't work out why this has happened and it's incredibly frustrating as it's where I usually fly - how do I fix this?

Cheers,

Westland48

(Just read the support info and it says a order number is required for support, mine is 5cd936b077c46)

Hurricane - 2020-07-23 16.22.46.png

brokenscenery.jpg

Hi,

I'm running the latest version V11.41r1

The two images shows the same location (just by EGDY Yeovilton - up is roughly north), one from 0 feet and the other from 3000ft.

Whilst Orbx GB isn't the highest priority scenery I have, the only scenery I have in this area is a modified airfield (I have modified airfields in other, not-blurry, areas), and I didn't have any issues prior to the Orbx central update.

Hurricane - 2020-07-24 09.23.03.png

Hurricane - 2020-07-24 09.23.27.png

Your TEGB entry was wrongly placed so i have revised the scenery_packs for you. Drop it into your Custom Scenery folder to replace the existing one.

Unsure if it will solve your blurry issue but it will help in making sure it is correctly placed and not masking any airport addons etc.

Let me know if it helps.

scenery_packs.ini

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Your TEGB entry was wrongly placed so i have revised the scenery_packs for you. Drop it into your Custom Scenery folder to replace the existing one.

Unsure if it will solve your blurry issue but it will help in making sure it is correctly placed and not masking any airport addons etc.

Let me know if it helps.

scenery_packs.ini 1.41 kB · 1 download

Thanks Jon, put this in place of my old one - n0 change to the blurry textures unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

This looks like a missing decal,, I think rather it's a bug in the product that needs fixing as opposed to anything in your install. 

:unsure: I wonder what changed when I updated through Orbx Central...

18 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

I'm not sure, I didn't actually touch anything in this area for the update, so it's a mystery why the decal has gone and it's gone blurry.. Hopefully will work it out :)

Thanks, let me know when you find a fix!

10 hours ago, Westland48 said:

Should I reinstall this scenery and deactivate my current custom scenery to see if it makes a difference?

Although a probable lengthy process you could try that.

I have another suggestion to try before you do that but only if you have a backup copy of TEGB South.

By default I believe that Orbx Central has the "Backup copy" option ticked so you need to check that first to see if you do have a backup copy of TEGB South. The attached pic shows where to look if the option to make a backup copy is ticked.

If you do have a backup copy then delete it.

This is to ensure that Orbx Central is not Verifying or reinstalling from a corrupted copy of TEGB South.

If you had a backup copy and deleted it then run the Verify Files option.

If no backup was made then uninstall TEGB South and reinstall a fresh new download.

14 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Although a probable lengthy process you could try that.

I have another suggestion to try before you do that but only if you have a backup copy of TEGB South.

By default I believe that Orbx Central has the "Backup copy" option ticked so you need to check that first to see if you do have a backup copy of TEGB South. The attached pic shows where to look if the option to make a backup cThanks Jon,opy is ticked.

If you do have a backup copy then delete it.

This is to ensure that Orbx Central is not Verifying or reinstalling from a corrupted copy of TEGB South.

If you had a backup copy and deleted it then run the Verify Files option.

If no backup was made then uninstall TEGB South and reinstall a fresh new download.

Thanks Jon, I found the back up and deleted it. I also disabled all my other custom scenery. Still no change :banghead:

I'm going to uninstall then reinstall TE GB tonight...

10 hours ago, Westland48 said:

Thanks Jon, I found the back up and deleted it. I also disabled all my other custom scenery. Still no change :banghead:

I'm going to uninstall then reinstall TE GB tonight...

Sorry to hear that.I am not convinced that a full reinstall will resolve the issue if @Tony Wroblewski thinks it may be a missing decal bug that has not as yet been fixed. Anyway, nothing lost bt doing a fresh install.

3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Sorry to hear that.I am not convinced that a full reinstall will resolve the issue if @Tony Wroblewski thinks it may be a missing decal bug that has not as yet been fixed. Anyway, nothing lost bt doing a fresh install.

Yeah, the re-install didn't work. Hopefully the gremlins can be sorted out...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. My apologies, this had slipped under my radar.

I can confirm this isn't a bug on your system or anything you've done wrong but a missing decal. In fact, I found it on a few tiles in the other regions as well. I'll post a patch to the terrain folder here for you rather than trying to get an update on FTX Central (as this will have to run through testing, etc and will take a while). You'll just need to overwrite the files.

44 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Hi. My apologies, this had slipped under my radar.

I can confirm this isn't a bug on your system or anything you've done wrong but a missing decal. In fact, I found it on a few tiles in the other regions as well. I'll post a patch to the terrain folder here for you rather than trying to get an update on FTX Central (as this will have to run through testing, etc and will take a while). You'll just need to overwrite the files.

Tony

Does this include the area North of Newcastle in TEGB Central ? The decals seem to have gone missing there as well since the last update.

I've written a quick script to fix the missing decals and uploaded the results below: terrain.zip

To use, backup Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain just in case it fails, download terrain.zip and unzip it. Replace Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/terrain with this, and it should resolve the problem.

terrain.zip

For anyone comfortable running python scripts, I've attached the simple script as well that could be used on other TE regions (drop it in the ortho scenery folder and run it). However, these will eventually be patched to OrbxCentral fix_decals.py

Warning: Running verify files in OrbxCentral will overwrite this fix and put it back again

Archived