Not loading. Why

Part of log showes

:> Unable to open scenery_packs.ini for reading.
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Unable to open METAR.rwx for reading.
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Registered and loaded flightplan datarefs
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Aircraft data loaded
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading Seasons extension : Installation failed
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading StaticAircraft extension : Installation failed
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading GlobalTrees extension : Installation failed
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading AirportTraffic extension : Installation failed
Trying to build mipmaps for font C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM//fonts/Poppins-Regular.ttf, tex width 1024, tex height 64, texture data 00000207263976B0
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Loaded fonts
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:37] :> Jetway status indicator initialized
Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM/win_x64/SAM.xpl (stairportsceneries.plugin.aos).

4 minutes ago, derrylynne said:

Part of log showes

:> Unable to open scenery_packs.ini for reading.
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Unable to open METAR.rwx for reading.
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Registered and loaded flightplan datarefs
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Aircraft data loaded
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading Seasons extension : Installation failed
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading StaticAircraft extension : Installation failed
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading GlobalTrees extension : Installation failed
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Error loading AirportTraffic extension : Installation failed
Trying to build mipmaps for font C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM//fonts/Poppins-Regular.ttf, tex width 1024, tex height 64, texture data 00000207263976B0
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:36] :> Loaded fonts
[AOS] [2020-07-20.15:55:37] :> Jetway status indicator initialized
Loaded: C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM/win_x64/SAM.xpl (stairportsceneries.plugin.aos).

You need to attach the XP log file please as the extract you have shown shows no indication of a problem with Orbx scenery. As this is a support forum for customers with possible Orbx addon issues the XP log file is essential in i's full form. If it shows issues with Orbx addons we can see what can be done to help. If it doesn't it may be best to post your problem on the x-plane.org help forum

Let's see what the XP Log shows us.

Also attach your scenery-packs.ini file

trying to find log file. Where is it. Meanwhile I have made a temp in my D hd, that has 800 gb the c has 230 gb.  I want to remove all the current downloads and reset the lot to D. How do I go about that? I have noticed I can make a new library. Hopefully a fresh install will do it.I also noticed 32611 files are converted when it appears it should be 32659

1 minute ago, derrylynne said:

trying to find log file. Where is it. Meanwhile I have made a temp in my D hd, that has 800 gb the c has 230 gb.  I want to remove all the current downloads and reset the lot to D. How do I go about that? I have noticed I can make a new library. Hopefully a fresh install will do it.

Log file is in XP directory

@Nick Cooper Please assist in recommending best way to reset the users current downloads. Thanks

At the moment have deleted downloads from old libraries including backups and set up a new library on the secondary larger disk. I See no reason why that will not work then. Certainly if I had known this would have been this much of a ;problem I would not have entertained it. I am downloading to the new directory at this moment with 800gb there is plenty. Will find the log file then and ley you know what happens. Thanks for trying to help

1 hour ago, derrylynne said:

At the moment have deleted downloads from old libraries including backups and set up a new library on the secondary larger disk. I See no reason why that will not work then. Certainly if I had known this would have been this much of a ;problem I would not have entertained it. I am downloading to the new directory at this moment with 800gb there is plenty. Will find the log file then and ley you know what happens. Thanks for trying to help

OK and good luck.

A problem might be conflicts. Why did I choose. To have something where I have to become a computer expert. Can you tell me where the files are I need to delete and more important if I need to delete them before loading true earth south. 

7 hours ago, derrylynne said:

A problem might be conflicts. Why did I choose. To have something where I have to become a computer expert. Can you tell me where the files are I need to delete and more important if I need to delete them before loading true earth south. 

I am not understanding your issue now at all.

It was you who said that you had deleted downloads from old files, which I assume was referring to Orbx addons. What did you delete?

You don't have to be a computer expert at all my friend. #You have said your have created a new Library on your larger drive. That's fine.

Did you move your Temp folder to the larger drive because that it where the initial download will go. The attached link explains in detail what is needed to successfully install a large addon like True Earth.

Remember your initial post about your problem showed it was nothing at all to do with any Orbx addon.

I also attach a pic of where you can find the XP log which I have been asking for.

Location of your XP log file:

Capture.JPG.051f25e98ec08352e1acd7478f037022.JPG

2 hours ago, derrylynne said:

Hi Jon. I have added the log file above. I get scenery missing messages now and true earth south is not working although the log knows it’s there.  Any idea what is wrong here. 

Sorry but that is not the XP log. What you have attached is the XP installation log which is only recording when you installed a copy of X-Plane.

I need the XP Log file, the location of which  is shown in the pic I attached

That is the correct log file thanks. Now for the bad news. I see nothing in the log about any missing files, the layering of the addons is correct ( a few minor points but nothing that would be affecting the TEGB addon)

I am therefore now struggling to see what the issue is.The only thing I can see is that your XP installation is on your C drive and as that is a drive controlled by Windows regarding permissions and protection etc, may be having some issues.

The log file shows all is normal.

If you were getting on screen messages about missing files it would be mentioned in the log but there are none.

I would suggest maybe doing an XP install on a different drive if you have one. If you can do that then makes sure you keep you current Custom Scenery file in a safe place and you can then move it over to replace the new Custom Scenery folder in the new installation.

I do repeat though that the error messages in your first post are not repeated in the XP Log file you attached just now.

There are no Orbx TEGB South errors reported, just as I mentioned in my replies to date.

Last comment on this one. Don’t know what happened or why. But suddenly it is working. It was obvious right away as there are colours down below and if over the sea more boats.  Thankfully I get get to flying and exploring now.  Many thanks for your help Jon. Without your help it would not have worked due to not knowing it took so much memory. 

That's good news and you are always welcome. I appreciate your patience and understanding and your very considerate attitude. Problems can be difficult to resolve remotely. Much easier to be in front of the customers screen so things can take a bit longer.

Archived